WANTED!!! measurements from a 57 chevy more door

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WANTED!!! measurements from a 57 chevy more door

I you know of a buddy/club member or someone with an old body repair book (that a body shop might have had) I need this measurements If someone is willing to take the time
    side of car fender edge door end from half way door the door straight back to the 1/4 at rear door.
    so using the edge of the fender and 1/4 not the doors
    Click image for larger version

Name:	57a.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	42.8 KB
ID:	880796

then need pillar that holds the back door ("B" pillar) to striker area for door with the measurement midway in the depth of the pillar and the 1/4 striker area(where the door fits in between them so if pillar is 4" thick outside to inside half way in, and same at 1/4
    one measurement at halfway down door and one near the rocker but higher than the curve where the pillar/rocker meet and 1/4 and rocker meet..
    lastly roof to rocker measured from where the door glass sits in roof (opening) to rocker at the 1/4 but before the rocker curves up to the 1/4
    looking at a car that the owner did work on the car and replaced rockers and striker area at 1/4 (where the 1/4 folds in and striker for do is.. no idea why he didn't do a full 1/4, but that's here,nor there.. if this description isn't clear enough. please p.m. me and I'll call you. and explain it.. doors are not hung and we want to make sure the reason it's for sale isn't the replacement metal repair and doors not fitting.. well, more like if they don't fit and it needs to be redone, to make offer accordingly . redoing it not an issue, for the person looking to own it (retired bodyman) but wants to know if the work is correct before he starts with an offer.. Yes it be easier to grab the rear doors and bolt them on, and that's what I'd have done. but for some reason , it wasn't. and it seems at least from the buyers end the seller isn't willing to be bothered hanging the door, so he'll go back once the guy digs out all the trim/glass/etc and then look it over again.. and measure the car and go from there, I guess the doors are not near the car, or something.. I think because the guy couldn't find the title, he didn't bother carrying the doors over to car and slapping them on. but I doubt that.. think the parts where to far away to carry them "to" the car.. Dads not as strong as he used to be, PLEASE help if you can, I'm trying to get him from the dark side and into a chevy sorry ford guys, the ford he really really wants a skyliner is way out of reach pricewise for anything not past being parted.. he's looked for the better part of 20 years.. and either found one but didn't move fast enough, they where basket cases, and having seen what he has brought back from the dead, these most of been total rotted p.o.s. or to much money..
    Thanks for reading and if you can help please p.m. me..
    Last edited by NewEnglandRaceFan; November 21, 2013, 07:32 AM.

I don't have one handy to measure...but you might want to clarify, do you want this info for a 4dr hardtop (in your picture) or a 4 dr sedan?
    My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

I'm lead to believe it's only got a half b pillar so when windows are down there isn't anything but airspace, I haven't seen the car.. going off my dads description of it.. 4 door no pillar between side glass..
      door not hung, and stubbornness is getting in the way or bothering hanging them, seller needs the money to save house but isn't all that keen at hanging them, giving the idea that he didn't do the repair work and owes who did money and why they are not hung on the car, and dad not wanting to spend his time hanging them ,type of stubborn.. I'm going to say the measurements are for dickering on price and deside'n if he'll spend the time. I'll be egging him on. ;) but ..
      worst case ,if the guy finds title or bothers to go to r.m.v. and get a replacement as he had it on the road ten years ago. it's just a matter of paying the rmv and waiting. and me going with dad and bringing a few punches with me, as I'll go get the door and bring it over and pop it up there and shove the punches in the hinge bolt holes, and say dad look at this while I get the other side door.. if it was a ford crown vic it most likely already be at dads and be waiting on title, if it was a skyliner I know it be already in his garage..
      Last edited by NewEnglandRaceFan; November 21, 2013, 09:18 AM.

Comment

In other words...4 door hardtop.
        My fabulous web page

Comment

if a 54 would be of any help - I have one of those I could measure.
          There's always something new to learn.

Comment

probably needs to be either a 56 or 57 4 door hardtop.
            My fabulous web page

Comment

got it

Click image for larger version

Name:	57 chevy more door.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	36.9 KB
ID:	873569

Comment

I think that's the interior dimensions....but it's a start.
                My fabulous web page

Comment

I haven't seen spidermangears on the board in a while but Jim has a friend who collects 57's. Maybe send Jim a PM and hope he gets a notification on his email or maybe some one has his fb account.
                  Last edited by Huskinhano; November 21, 2013, 03:39 PM.
                  Tom
                  Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Might try the Tri 5 Forum........good bunch of guys there who could help
                    Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Working...
                    X