Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

INSURANCE-what are you paying for your daily driver?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

clean record and a 4 car ploicy plus renters insurance is about 140.00 a month for me.
    If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

$680 for 6 or 12 months?
      Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
      I was paying $680 to insure both of my cars in LA. I had 100,000/300,000 liability. That was with SoCal Autoclub AAA. I am now with AAA Nebraska here, same price. Weird. I am paying the same amount for insurance in a town of 30,000 as I did in a city of 11 million.
      STUGOTS

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
        I was paying $680 to insure both of my cars in LA. I had 100,000/300,000 liability. That was with SoCal Autoclub AAA. I am now with AAA Nebraska here, same price. Weird. I am paying the same amount for insurance in a town of 30,000 as I did in a city of 11 million.

That is odd. About as odd as fuel. As one heads into rural, it ought to be cheaper, but ends up even more for shipping by tanker. .and then the people need to use more of it to get to a town. Civilization is not all that smart. The subjects that need a flip flop defying odds won't happen.

I caught onto that in the military actually. coldest places on earth working third shift all night..getting the same pay as the sunshine people for the same job.

to wonder where mental breaks come from is a real shame even further taken by drugs no good for anybody. My locale is a killer.
        Previously boxer3main
        the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

My "Field Filler" 412 h.p. Coyote Mustang costs ~ 1,000/yr to insure . . . significantly cheaper than full coverage was on the ancient 170 h.p. SVT Focus (now the Focus isn't worth enough for full coverage)

And before I started carrying a collector policy on my garage queen '98 SVT Cobra, it cost about $200/yr less to insure than a same-year Mustang GT . . . go figure.

Insurance actuaries can cook up some strange rates.

Comment

been with state farm for years. pretty happy with them all in all. $265 a month for us. full coverage on 4 plus other insurance (life insurance policies). 67 lemans (classic car), 2003 tahoe, 2004 GTO, 2012 Volt.

Comment

Originally posted by groucho View Post
              $680 for 6 or 12 months?
              12 months.
              BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Outsider View Post
                My "Field Filler" 412 h.p. Coyote Mustang costs ~ 1,000/yr to insure . . . significantly cheaper than full coverage was on the ancient 170 h.p. SVT Focus (now the Focus isn't worth enough for full coverage)

And before I started carrying a collector policy on my garage queen '98 SVT Cobra, it cost about $200/yr less to insure than a same-year Mustang GT . . . go figure.

Insurance actuaries can cook up some strange rates.
                I had a State Farm statistician living next door me a while back. He had all kinds of numbers and a morbid sense of humor. One I remember was life expectancy of a motor cycle owner in California, 7.278 years.

While with them, in LA, my insurance rates nearly doubled when I moved 7 miles from where I was living. They dropped when I moved back. All I could get out them for the reason was that my new zip code had way to many car crashes per capita.
                BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

since my 72 Camaro is my Daily i'm paying $275 per year thru the autoclub and is full insurance and only paying the premium 5 months out of the year
                  "if it's too loud you're too old !!! "sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X