Hot Rod Mag's Forum...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot Rod Mag's Forum...

is as slow as it was the last time I was there (about 4 years ago). The site loads at the speed of a snail, and there's no traffic on the it. Dead.
    Nitrous, baby!!...

They just recently jacked with the car craft one. Won't let me log in unless I sign in with my Facebook account or some crap. Hell with that.
    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
      They just recently jacked with the car craft one. Won't let me log in unless I sign in with my Facebook account or some crap. Hell with that.
      Yeah......I've noticed that on some other sites.....the signing in thing........I exit right.
      Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
        I haven't had any problem (yet) using regular screen name/ password procedures at the mag forums, even with the change in login appearance.

IMO, with all the specialized forums lately, the mag forums are hurting for membership & sponsorship.
        http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

It just needs another Ricer vs. Hot Rodders wave of people and it'll be back on top. Those times were epic.
          Last edited by BigAL; November 24, 2013, 02:28 PM.
          The Green Machine.
          http://s1.postimg.org/40t9i583j/mytruck.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by BigAL View Post
            It just needs another Ricer vs. Hot Rodders wave of people and it'll be back on top. Those times were epic.
            Go ahead, go start that, wlll ya?
            Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
            HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by BigAL View Post
              they need to code the site so it's not so slow, and frankly, should roll the c/c,hr,etc all into one site/forum with each mag getting their own part for tech/vids/stories/etc but they all use the same forum for member postings..
              Next up, is the mod's ALLOWING some in fighting, with brand loyalty,import vs , and the mindset of guys in a garage and the way of talk that would transpire in a buddies garage while wrenching or bench racing, the politically correct/family friendly b/s doesn't work, guys when out and about don't act that way/talk that way/nor do most kids over 9-10 no matter what their parents "think"

Comment

It's amazing how little the corporate guys care about improving the mags' forums. Everyone in the company knows they need to fix it, but it's also embarrassing that no one has the urge to get the people back.

It's sad really, it went in the shit can in 2007. Since then all the HRM major events are talked about on other websites from here to HAMB to Yellowbullet. No one goes to HRM's forum to find out info on Drag Week or the Power Tour.

I feel if they don't make major improvements and the PR to get people back on their forums very soon, they never will.
                BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
                  It's amazing how little the corporate guys care about improving the mags' forums. Everyone in the company knows they need to fix it, but it's also embarrassing that no one has the urge to get the people back.

It's sad really, it went in the shit can in 2007. Since then all the HRM major events are talked about on other websites from here to HAMB to Yellowbullet. No one goes to HRM's forum to find out info on Drag Week or the Power Tour.

I feel if they don't make major improvements and the PR to get people back on their forums very soon, they never will.
                  you'd think with print format slowly die'n they'd be doing everything they can to get that running on all 8, only time I go there is for a new road kill, and a few of the other series, as I figure thay need the clicks/traffic.. if they fixed the forum, and then and other then, plugged it in the road kill vid's it get going again, but it's pointless to do now, the way it is..

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
                    Go ahead, go start that, wlll ya?
                    It would be fun, some of the personalities that were on that board were priceless and the debates were beyond believable. It really was funny, like the guy that talked like he was Japanese or when Dr. Phil joined, just priceless, probably some of the funnest times I've ever had on an internet forum.
                    The Green Machine.
                    http://s1.postimg.org/40t9i583j/mytruck.jpg

Comment

Yeah, it would take something like that to lure me back.......browsed there the other day and the Power Tour Countdown 'sticky' is still from 2012 and 2013........
                      Last edited by oletrux4evr; November 24, 2013, 07:42 PM.
                      Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                      HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
                        Yeah, it would take something like that to lure me back.......browsed there the other day and the Power Tour Countdown 'sticky' is still from 2012 and 2013........
                        It doesn't help when it's ignored by their own staff as well.

I am guessing the only way for their forum to get any attention is to get the attention of the higher ups by letter writing in vast numbers.
                        BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Hot Rod has a facebook page, they don't need a forum any more.
                          My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

But I don't Facebook.... come to think of it I don't go to HRM forum site either anymore!
                            Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
                            The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
                              Hot Rod has a facebook page, they don't need a forum any more.
                              That is probably right on the money - any new development money would likely go into FB. It feels like Forums are headed the way of IRC, which is kind of sad because of the lost information in old posts and old sites that shut down for inactivity. Print has it's place still.
                              Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Working...
                              X