Hot Rod Mag's Forum...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Loren View Post
    As a guy who might understand why things are the way they are and sometimes tries to take the time to explain to your powerless-feeling butt, suffering with your endless inane 1,000-word angles and expressions of hurt is really getting to be a drag again. Preponderance of evidence or more like those dust clouds monkeys make?

Please explain again the problem w/ Finnegan.
    Sorry you're not being entertained. In a nutshell, Finn doesn't listen, makes factually-inaccurate jokes . . . and is a nitwit on "Roadkill." Feel free to have his baby or to venerate him how ever you so choose, Loren.

I'm done with this thread and this issue.

Comment

• I think John's problem with Finn is clearly stated in his signature block.
      My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

• Originally posted by squirrel View Post
        I think John's problem with Finn is clearly stated in his signature block.
        WRONGO! I covered this at about page 4 of this thread. While I believe FINN handled the speeding allegation like the dimwitted hypocrite that he apparently is (i.e. burnin' 'em at seemingly every intersection on "Roadkill"), my criticisms of FINN predate the speeding dust-up.

I'm objective enough to separate actions from personalities.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Outsider View Post

2. You must have missed it when Finn "interviewed" me for the DW webcast (more like used me as the straight man for his ignorant "check the nitrous bottle" joke)

3. Any beefs I have about DW have ZERO to do with the continuing poor quality of the formulaic, bloated-ego-fest/time-waster known as "Roadkill."

4. It's just sad that an organization as big and storied as HRM can't seem to figure out how to produce a successful TV show that sets a good example for the young and portrays our sport in a positive light. "Roadkill" certainly ain't any of that!

Here's the post I referenced (in response to Scott's attack on my motives).

Comment

• To further clarify . . . my charge that FINN doesn't listen and ergo isn't much of a journalist is based on the fact that during the Bowling Green "time fill" on the DW YouTube feed, FINN after having interviewed me, continued to repeat this baseless "empty bottle" joke.

For the record, the 10# bottle still had six pounds in it when Monte refilled it and the drive-by-wire N20 problem WAS NEVER RELATED IN ANY WAY TO AN EMPTY BOTTLE. Yet FINN doesn't let the facts get in the way of a "story." (Which has frequently been my experience with the press in my day job, BTW)

Comment

• Most jokes are only loosely based on facts. They're jokes, after all!

It's still funny.
              My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

• Maybe Loren will finally be entertained.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Outsider View Post
                  I'm done with this thread and this issue.

Liar!
                  Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Working...
                  X