No announcement yet.

Small addition to the SBG household

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

None of my Standard Poodles ever wanted to be outside more than to do "business". They just want to be with the humans. On the other hand, none of them were ever interested in being out in the shop with the Dad person. And dead stuff was somehow crude - they all ate kibble and King just wants his kind of kibble (Natural Balance) as he gets itchy on the run-of-the-mill stuff. It's fun to watch him try to make friends with the lizards and squirrels who don't understand any of that nonsense.

Dan

Comment

Ours truly want to be with their pack at all times..........which is what makes the whole "innocent - no dead stuff here" routine all the more humorous.

They have a natural instinct to disguise their scent for hunting. The smellier, the better. They take great pride in finding an especially ripe specimen, you can see the satisfaction of achievement on their faces after a good roll.

Another plus for the invisible fence - smelly stuff goes on the OTHER side. Gives the dogs Buzzards to bark at and chase away, keeps them occupied/busy. They love having a job to do.
      Last edited by STINEY; November 24, 2014, 11:48 AM.
      Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

King's primary job is to keep the elephants away - and he's good at it. We have had no elephants in our yard since we've had him, not even a footprint. I don't know how he'd do with buzzards.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by STINEY View Post
          Ours truly want to be with their pack at all times..........which is what makes the whole "innocent - no dead stuff here" routine all the more humorous.

They have a natural instinct to disguise their scent for hunting. The smellier, the better. They take great pride in finding an especially ripe specimen, you can see the satisfaction of achievement on their faces after a good roll.

Another plus for the invisible fence - smelly stuff goes on the OTHER side. Gives the dogs Buzzards to bark at and chase away, keeps them occupied/busy. They love having a job to do.
          no kidding... red dog carried around a dead frog and rolled around on top of it. It was her prized possession. I didn't have the heart to take it away from her, but she wasn't a house dog either.
          Last edited by Beagle; November 25, 2014, 08:01 AM.
          Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Dead frogs are the canine equivalent of the Holy Grail. To be treasured and enjoyed!
            Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

some frogs here can kill dogs if eaten.

very nice looking dog, and he's grown a lot.

not sure i'm ready for a new dog yet? still kinda mourning loosing mine. i found a pic of when she fit in my palm,...i put it next to my bed.

put a "pitbull on guard" sign over her grave the other day.

still find myself filling 2 dog food bowls. yesterday i washed hers and put it away.

man's best friend,.......yes sir!

Comment

Originally posted by redneckjoe69 View Post
                some frogs here can kill dogs if eaten.

very nice looking dog, and he's grown a lot.

not sure i'm ready for a new dog yet? still kinda mourning loosing mine. i found a pic of when she fit in my palm,...i put it next to my bed.

put a "pitbull on guard" sign over her grave the other day.

still find myself filling 2 dog food bowls. yesterday i washed hers and put it away.

man's best friend,.......yes sir!

We've all been there, when I lost my first dog, some friend wanted to rehome her dog - Kaden - it wasn't even 2 weeks prior that I had to, unexpectedly, put Taz down (for a brain tumor/seizures). I broke into tears when I saw Kaden because he reminded me of the mannerisms of Taz. I did end up with Kaden, and losing him wasn't any easier... give it time, it takes a month or two or ten... to not burst into tears... you never get over missing them, just the sharp pain subsides after awhile.
                Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; November 25, 2014, 11:00 AM.
                Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Working...
                X