Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lets say you are realy searching for a 427 FE..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lets say you are realy searching for a 427 FE..

Fully dressed and running Ford 427 FE engines from a boat which I beached to avoid a sinking, but which still sank far enough on the steep beach to ruin half...

Nice!

That old boat needs an LS anyways......that should soothe the haters.
    Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

I've seen a few marine 427 adventures like that - chances are the rest of the boat was so rotten it wasn't worth much.

Very cool.
      There's always something new to learn.

Comment

I didn't notice, were they both normal rotation or was one reverse?
        Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
        1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
        1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
        1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
        1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
        1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

Originally posted by BBR View Post
          I didn't notice, were they both normal rotation or was one reverse?
          One was reverse,according to the owner of the boat..i read the comments under the vid..7 monts ago,he wanted 3500$ each for the engines.I guess the reverse rotation 427,needs another crank assembly..if to be used in a car-truck.

Comment

In a ChrisCraft one just about HAD to be reverse. Boat go in big circles otherwise.
            Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Originally posted by STINEY View Post
              In a ChrisCraft one just about HAD to be reverse. Boat go in big circles otherwise.
              Or a Galaxie with 4 gears backwards.

Comment

A lot of those marine 427s look like side oilers because they have an external ridge running down the left side skirt but it's not drilled. It's just a regular center oiler.
                Tom
                Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Well...........that was interesting.
                  Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Why are they marked "390" on the valve covers?

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                      Why are they marked "390" on the valve covers?

Dan
                      Take a little closer look Dan......think it says '300 hp' then 427
                      Seems like a little low for a 427..........which maybe is what a marine motor was rated back then
                      Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Originally posted by Huskinhano View Post
                        A lot of those marine 427s look like side oilers because they have an external ridge running down the left side skirt but it's not drilled. It's just a regular center oiler.
                        I ran into a big big nitemare over this. The boss picked out all the parts to do Jesel rocker arms and oil thru the push rods on a 427 that was a former "marine" engine. (rather than rocker shafts that oil thru the head)We put it on the dyno + primed--no oil to the top end. Finally figured out there was a brass plug blocking off the passage that connected the main oil passage to the cam. With a bunch of work, We got the plug out. But somehow-even though I was just doing the final assembly--this became MY fault that plug (factory installed in 1965) was in there! (One of the big reasons I aint there anymore. )
                        Also-the only thing you have to worry with a reverse rotation crank is the sipes for the rear seal are the wrong direction. They can be polished off + run a rubber seal.

Comment

Originally posted by Monk View Post
                          Take a little closer look Dan......think it says '300 hp' then 427
                          Seems like a little low for a 427..........which maybe is what a marine motor was rated back then
                          Couldn't see that with my crummy eyes. Thanks!

Dan

Comment

I would call Lee Holman at HOLMAN MOODY he has tons of the overpriced lumps

Comment

Working...
                            X