X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coming to a gas station near you.....

Evidently E-15 isn't very popular with the auto makers:

Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
    HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

I think one of the reasons why E10 came into being was to help cut down on import of foreign oil. Now we're almost if not already self sufficient in oil and natural gas production since fracking is happening. Hopefully, we'll have no reason to use the crap.
    Tom
    Overdrive is overrated

Comment

They can do away with it as far as I'm concerned.

It seems in our area.........some stations are putting in a E85 dedicated pump and the other
      gas they sell is ethanol free.
      Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Originally posted by Monk View Post
        They can do away with it as far as I'm concerned.

It seems in our area.........some stations are putting in a E85 dedicated pump and the other
        gas they sell is ethanol free.
        I did find some with none, I can not run any ethanol. I think maine ganged with NH and mass to stop at 10%. There is a peculiar additional fuel from central america, only new england gets it. I'd still rather southern fuel. oh well.

...there is something seriously wrong wth the typing buffer.. I am outta here. I'll be bored without the forum. (I assume it is weather)
        Last edited by Barry Donovan; November 27, 2013, 05:51 PM.
        Previously boxer3main
        the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Yep it is stopped at e10 right now, but should I tell you or not? Ok ,don't twist my arm , while most gas is e10 and other additives a lot of terminals are adding certain amounts of butane to gas also. Happy Motoring!

Comment

I read that the ethanol requirement might be done away with all together or levels seriously reduced. Cant happen soon enough. I think I need a new leaf blower now,second carb on it and Im not buying another.

Comment

Originally posted by realsteelfreak View Post
              Yep it is stopped at e10 right now, but should I tell you or not? Ok ,don't twist my arm , while most gas is e10 and other additives a lot of terminals are adding certain amounts of butane to gas also. Happy Motoring!
              How long have they been adding butane?..........just curious
              Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Up here on the mountain, we have "up to 15% ethanol" from November thru March. Good luck trying to find E85 anywhere around the metro area.

What I've found by running the E10/15 blend. Filter housings collect water. Run carb dry periodically to dry it out. As for the DDs, I've seen no problems in the decade plus we've been using the stuff.
                Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Some longer than others . Magellan midstream ,(magallean in Knoxville tn)which is a terminal just finished construction which allows that product to be unloaded. Heard it was becoming common practice, but there has been no hoopla over that in the media, just being done quietly.

Comment

Anyone wanting ethanol free gas should check with the local fuel jobbers or at least a souther states, coop, boat dock or such, reg gas does get sold some places.

Comment

ethnol is an f'n joke, just like the epa.
                      EPA "we want to up the c.a.f.e, but we are also going to add ethnol to the fuel that will drop the mpg you get now, and will then try to drop the mpg even more when we force in e15 all while getting millions of vehicles of the road as the fuel destroys them..
                      but we the EPA are here because the big bad companies need oversight..
                      EPA thinking, we'll add ethnol and the emmissions will be 2% cleaner, but you'll get 5-9% less miles per gallon.. and keep the fed getting the same fuel tax income. and that's the real reason.. not clean air..
                      just up the fed fuel tax and take the ethnol out.. let farmers go back to producing food product again

what this crap does to lawn equipment is a crime
                      Last edited by NewEnglandRaceFan; November 28, 2013, 11:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by antmnte View Post
                        I read that the ethanol requirement might be done away with all together or levels seriously reduced. Cant happen soon enough. I think I need a new leaf blower now,second carb on it and Im not buying another.
                        Sooooo.....I just had to replace my leaf blower too......hmmmmm.......
                        Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                        HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
                          I dont know if its the crap sears sells or its the gas. Does Harbor Freight sell them? Im buying the cheapest one they make.

Comment

I'm happy to say we have several ethanol free stations around here. It costs a little more,but it's well worth the $$$. You can tell a big difference in performance and gas mileage on E0. A guy around here opened up an independent station with E0 gas in all grades a few years back,and he sold it as cheap or cheaper than all the other big name stations for the first few years. I guess the other guys didn't like it,and now he's at least a dime or higher on his prices. He was killing the competition there for a bit. Now we have a couple of other stations offering E0 in various grades.

I use this website a bunch when I'm traveling:
                            Pure-gas.org is the definitive web site listing stations that sell pure gasoline in the U.S. and Canada.
                            Last edited by Karberator; November 29, 2013, 09:12 AM.
                            sigpic

Allen Karber

Arkadelphia,Arkansas

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
                              Always had to rebuild or clean my saws and mowers's carbs annually.. Now I use Sta-bil and non ethanol super. They do not offer it in any other grade here.. Super is less pulls on the cords (I think) no more carb monkeywork for my big hands..
                              At least use Sta-bil.. You won't see dramatic changes.. But changes will be there!

Comment

Working...
                              X