No announcement yet.

Coming to a gas station near you.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ohio has legislation in this midterm election which will stop the addition of ethanol in the gas. The Pro EPA Nazi's are spinning it to say that the Big Oil companies are doing it to make more money... And the Big Oil companies are running ads spinning it as a way to stop using our food as fuel. Farmers don't want it stopped cause' it has upped the price of corn so high. #uckin' politics permeates are entire culture so thoroughly - it just makes me wanna puke.
    Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

Originally posted by oldsman496 View Post
      Ohio has legislation in this midterm election which will stop the addition of ethanol in the gas. The Pro EPA Nazi's are spinning it to say that the Big Oil companies are doing it to make more money... And the Big Oil companies are running ads spinning it as a way to stop using our food as fuel. Farmers don't want it stopped cause' it has upped the price of corn so high. #uckin' politics permeates are entire culture so thoroughly - it just makes me wanna puke.
      There is a certain faction that is trying to push everyone out of old cars that get lousy mpg, and are environmentally friendly. They figure everyone should be driving new hybrids and such. Those who can't afford them, they can walk, ride the bus, or ride their bicycle. How much power and influence they have remains to be seen. But, they are vocal.
      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

I keep hearing both sides...one company that advertises heavily on Sirius/XM that has an additive or service(beep!beep!) warding off the damage consistently found with the moisture/corrosive content found within ethanol-blended fuels, and the pro-ethanol lobby using one of Childress' grandkids as a spokesperson shooting down the concerns(who gives a rip what is used in NASCAR? Not like any of that is even remotely applicable to the street anymore, even with the inclusion of EFI).

Myself, I just don't see the real long-term benefit from using ethanol or ethanol-added petroleum products. If there were an actual increase in MPG to go hand-in-hand with any decreased emissions, that would be hard to argue against. I DO know that it isn't friendly to the aluminum tank trailers that haul this shit...

Comment

You can SEE the differences in carbs for small engines..
          Son's KTM carb was corroded and jellified, while my 78 Honda 350's carb was just dirty from 1985-9 gas left in it..
          I never used to do much to mowers and tillers. Then I was spending DAYS monkeying with carbs.. Found Sta-bil works real good!

That reminds me, I better hunt for new points for the 350!

Comment

I use Sta-Bil too.....rebuilt the carb......nope, total quittage. New one is doing very nicely.
            Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
            HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
              I use Sta-Bil too.....rebuilt the carb......nope, total quittage. New one is doing very nicely.
              I cheat.. Sta-bil AND non-ethanol super.. $0.50- $1.00 more per gal than unlead super/prem. Use maybe 5-10 gals a year.. Saws, weedwhacker, 3 mowers and tiller.. Tiller is BCS.. $$$ mf'ers!

Comment

91 octane not too hot for small engines?? 2 and 4-cycle??
                Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
                  91 octane not too hot for small engines?? 2 and 4-cycle??
                  No!!! Hell no!
                  The saws start with less pulls on the rope and all do not bog easily.. Hot saw builder told me I had to gave at least 4 inches of piping if I did away with my muffler.. Have a 045 Stihl that s 37 years old.. Used commercially and as my firewood cutter (7 cords a year) it has never had the case open.. Starts on 2-3 pulls cold and one while hot every time.. It drank nothing but super all it's life..
                  Have a friend who uses AV gas in his mower.. He can just walk fast and get done.. Same here.. I can mow with a fairly fast hobble
                  One pull starts with 5 year old mowers!

Comment

Working...
                  X