No announcement yet.

Craigslist responders...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My shop teacher was a cery smart man... After watching him blow a sale he needed to make..
    He said, "There's a sucker for every seat.. He will show up sooner or later"

Comment

my brother-in-law once bought a car and bragged that he gave the guy $700 down on a $900 price. the guy would keep the title til he paid it off. as i was looking the car over i noticed the for sale sign,...it was $600! dumb-ass! yup, he felt real stupid. & yup, he paid the guy the rest of the money for the title. gotta pay attention.

Comment

Pay the teachers and their unions more......yeah, that's working.
        Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
        HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

scooter ad, probably a kid.

I ad my old sube and get emails asking for advice instead.
          Previously boxer3main
          the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by sdwarf36 View Post
            I think i need a translator so I can post on Craigslist. Something that will take properly spelled + punctuated sentences + turn them into jibberish.
            That drives me nuts when they write like they are texting.
            Tom
            Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Originally posted by redneckjoe69 View Post
              my brother-in-law once bought a car and bragged that he gave the guy $700 down on a $900 price. the guy would keep the title til he paid it off. as i was looking the car over i noticed the for sale sign,...it was $600! dumb-ass! yup, he felt real stupid. & yup, he paid the guy the rest of the money for the title. gotta pay attention.
              My neighbor bought new tires for his truck last month. I asked him to not PAY the tire store to dispose of the tires, give them to me so I can sell them on craigslist. He said he would. He comes home with 3 of them, saying one of them was too worn out... ok, whatever... probably harder to sell 3 tires than 4, even if one was pretty bad, but what the heck, they are free to me.

First ad was for $50 for the three (one of them had about 50% tread) 17" Michelins. No hits in 3 weeks. I dropped the price to $40 and got a call a few days later. Guy comes (I meet buyers at the Walmart parking lot) and he looks them over pretty thoroughly... says "will you take $40 for them?"

... ok. :-)

And yes, I do sort of regret being snarky with the texter. In any sales position, being nice and polite to potential customers is probably the better way to actually make sales.

I got an email last night asking if I still had the scooter, and if it's electric. It had a normal looking email address (a woman's name and a few numbers), and specifically said "the scooter". I responded back to her even though I knew she wasn't going to buy it.
              The ones I delete without responding are the ones that don't specifically say what "the item" is they are inquiring about, and of course those who offer more than asking price.
              Last edited by yellomalibu; November 29, 2013, 07:19 AM.

Comment

my kids are good at selling stuff on craigslist. we have a neighbor that throws out go-cart slicks a lot. my kids pick them up and sell them all the time. lmao! one man's junk, is another mans dream!

ive got a car im selling for $3,500 on craigslist. some idiot wasted my time asking a million questions then asks if i'll take $1,000? wtf? i asked him if he knew how to read?

Comment

I trid to sell a Cadillac once with a 512ci engine in it. Guy called and wanted to know if it got good mileage.

Comment

I'll ask questions about things that are stated in the ad, not on seventy dollar items mind you. Just to see if you get the same response. The ad might say "original paint" but when you ask the seller comes out with something like "Its original paint except the front fenders because it got ran over by a cement truck"

Comment

Had another texter today:

Do u still got the scooter

-Yes. Still got it.

Wats all wrong with it

-Its been sitting 3 years, so idk, but at least a carb rebuild, a battery (or just kick start it), and the front brake doesn't work.

Ok can u hold it till tomorrow
                      75 rite

-I will most likely still have it. Call first before coming, to be sure.

...and so on. He says He'll meet me around noon tomorrow. We'll see. I don't / won't hold anything for anyone unless I know them personally - and even rarely in that situation.

Comment

First one with COD (cash on tha dash)
                        Originally posted by yellomalibu View Post
                        Had another texter today:

Do u still got the scooter

-Yes. Still got it.

Wats all wrong with it

-Its been sitting 3 years, so idk, but at least a carb rebuild, a battery (or just kick start it), and the front brake doesn't work.

Ok can u hold it till tomorrow
                        75 rite

-I will most likely still have it. Call first before coming, to be sure.

...and so on. He says He'll meet me around noon tomorrow. We'll see. I don't / won't hold anything for anyone unless I know them personally - and even rarely in that situation.
                        STUGOTS

Comment

Working...
                        X