Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another local "project" corvette for sale.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you follow Corvette prices...they follow a pattern, when the C5 and C6 's were out, the C3's were cheap and C4's dropped at the same time. Today a decent C3 cost more than 5-6 years ago. I bought a '69 in 1984 right after the C4's appeared, a L48 auto but pretty well loaded for $3500, nice dirver and enjoyed it for 14 years. 1 owner with clean frame and birdcage, and no pervious body damage. Sold it $13,000 in '98. Just bought a 1 owner '73 convertible this past May, clean, low option 350/auto...like P.S. and hardtop only. No PB, no air, PW, T&T just a driver. Fun, easy to work on and reliable so I can spend all my time and $ on other projects. Like every car brand you have numbers matching purists, guys who improve the original (like SBG), racers, cruisers (me) and the mid life crisisers (blech :-). Bottom line, it is all good. If you see a clean one you like, do it, if not walk on by....there are always more.

Comment

Originally posted by groucho View Post
      That's a lot more car for the xtra $3K. You couldn't get the other car to this point with $3K.

exactly - and I've gotten a lot better deals on cars when there's room above zero to negotiate. Example - the Land Rover I just bought. I looked at another that was pretty much the same vehicle and he wanted 2500 for it.... wouldn't move an inch on the price because he knew where he was in the market. The one I bought was listed for 5500, and I bought it for 1700 because I educated the guy that his vehicle wasn't worth what he was asking and told him exactly why - then explained about what price point I was willing to be at to buy the car.... because I was nice about it, he sold it to me.... That C3, still needs a lot of expensive parts, but you could still knock him down 1k minimum and 3k if you catch him in a good mood - the 2500 one? probably not because he thinks he's cheap.
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Working...
      X