A look at the 5th generation Camaro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A look at the 5th generation Camaro

Just a pic of the convertible version I took last Feb. in Philly.

Comment

AAARRRGG. Call me a pirate, Imma gonna threadjack just this once.

Honestly, it's a rear wheel drive, 2 door car. V8. Some sort of manual trans is going to be available.
      It looks good enough for me, despite the fact I can't afford it, and won't buy one. If I had the cash, I would like one with a stick and a V8, and AC. the rest of the crap, don't care for it. I imagine if you wanted a stripper version, it's going to require you to remove all the added content, and some of you guys will just have to get a rubber floormat for it and call it a day.
      Personally, I'd rather buy one of the dynacorn shells, and build an older car, but's that's just me.

I really dig the Challenger, but I don't need the SRT, I'd be content with a regular V8 and a stick. I hate green for the most, but something about getting one in the lime green with some of the black AAR strips.
      Andrew
      1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport and other FoCoMo problem children

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.
      2021...year of singing "99 problems but an asshole ain't one"

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Comment

Somehow the late model "charger" with the sublime paint and black stickers doesn't quite do it for me, either

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Cheverolet's current release date straight from the Corporation themselves; "The Camaro Coupe will be available first quarter 2009 and the Convertible will follow within a year of the Coupe".

Performance Feature Highlights
          - 400-hp, 6.0 Liter LS2 V8 engine
          - Choice of automatic or manual transmission with widely spaced ratios for aggressive acceleration
          - Rear-wheel drive with fully independent suspension
          - Lightweight 21-inch front, 22-inch rear aluminum wheels
          - Billet aluminum shifter and pedals

The powerhouse under the hood will probably be quickly changed to the 6.2L, 430 HP LS3 engine (below).

It is still not clear what would power the mighty Z/28 model, but indications are that the 650+ HP supercharged 6.2L LS9 slated for the special Blue Devil Corvette model will be chosen.

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek
            hmmm...

when I see one properly modded running in the 9s on small tires, I'll make a judgement.
            and then it will only be running 2 sec slower than the mustangs. there is at least one mustang out there on 10" tires running high 7's.
            Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

chevrolet has done it again. they have managed to make each preceding generation camero, uglier and uglier. it seems they are trying to make a jr. corvette again.

the mustang has keep selling because ford offers a v6, semi comfortable cars with seats that don't sit flat on the floor, as the base car. a sporty car that you can still use everyday and a young family or blue collar person can afford. this makes up most of the mustangs sales and was the original concept of the pony car. but you can also option it up as fancy as you want, a la gt or shelby.
              Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

Originally posted by cobra
                chevrolet has done it again. they have managed to make each preceding generation camero, uglier and uglier. it seems they are trying to make a jr. corvette again.

the mustang has keep selling because ford offers a v6, semi comfortable cars with seats that don't sit flat on the floor, as the base car. a sporty car that you can still use everyday and a young family or blue collar person can afford. this makes up most of the mustangs sales and was the original concept of the pony car. but you can also option it up as fancy as you want, a la gt or shelby.
                YUP!
                Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

X2, and this is why the Mustang will reign supreme after all of the dust settles on the Challenger and Camaro.

Comment

Working...
                  X