New car trailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New car trailer

As some of you may now a few months back my car trailer got stolen so I had to go out and find a new one , well today I found one and bought it back to its new home, we are all so happy

and to try and stop the next low life scum some locks

that is the locks for the next week or so until I can come up with something better

Nice looking trailer ..

Maybe get a big mean dog to tie to it
    sigpic

Comment

Real nice trailer!
      Winch may be too close to the bed... I like the rear wheels of the hauled car close to the rear wheels of the trailer.. Everybody loads differently..
      Hope nobody swipes this!
      Keep a heavy load on it at all times so. The crooks can't getaway fast....

Comment

From the looks of the cable through the wheels, wheel boot and hitch lock I'm guessing you're serious about keeping this one?
        sigpic

Just an Old Drag Racer that still has dreams of going fast!

Comment

pour a concrete post into the ground with a large, cast ring on the top. Chain the tires to the ring.
          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
            pour a concrete post into the ground with a large, cast ring on the top. Chain the tires to the ring.
            That is the next thing I will be doing, I was very upset when my last car trailer was stolen and I think if has court them in the act there would have been blood ( not mine) ,I like most normal people I have to work very hard to get anything nice in my life so when some low life pile of sh*t comes along and helps themselves to the things that I work for two to three years to get..... You bet it boils my blood, so yes I'm going to make hard to take it if they try, sorry if this sounds like a rant and I do not mean to go on about it

Comment

Originally posted by BigDad View Post
              Nice looking trailer ..

Maybe get a big mean dog to tie to it
              we got one out the back, so as soon as get my Suburban up and running ( it's blocking the back gate) it's going to be parked out there, and I would love to see what happens to someone if they go out there un-invited, I know that they would be a big German Shepard that would want to have a word with them.

Comment

another interesting way I have seen trailers locked is to weld the appropriate sized hitch ball to a jack stand, and lock it to the trailer when it isn't being used...by locking the jack in the up position, there would be no support for hooking up another tow vehicle...
                Patrick & Tammy
                - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Great looking trailer, have you considered adding inner fenders panels? I wonder how much road debris would find its way to the car on the trailer and possibly scratch / dent it, the way they are open now. Hydraulic brakes - is that common on a trailer of that size in New Zealand? By a wide margin here in the states - hydraulic brakes are for boat trailers that can't have electric brakes due to being submerged in the water when loading the boat.
                  There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Hyd brakes are the nom over here with elec brakes when you go over 2.5 ton, as for the inner fender, I will look in to it ,thank you
                    Last edited by bryankiwi; December 1, 2013, 09:31 AM.

Comment

Nice trailer! Do whatever you can to keep this one yours instead of some douchebag thieves. As a victim of theft, when the $200 Hauler was stolen and then recovered, (and more recently when it was broken into at the SEMA Show) I can understand your anti-theft expenditures.

Again, cool trailer. I dig it.
                      "A cross thread is better than a lock washer." Earl Lanning...My Grandpa

Comment

Originally posted by BangShiftChad View Post
                        Nice trailer! Do whatever you can to keep this one yours instead of some douchebag thieves. As a victim of theft, when the $200 Hauler was stolen and then recovered, (and more recently when it was broken into at the SEMA Show) I can understand your anti-theft expenditures.

That sucks that it happened at SEMA, F'n scumbags are everywhere. I guess I should get off my ass and lock up my trailer, it's been sitting at the end of the drive for 5 months now. Probably pushing fate by now.
                        The Green Machine.
                        http://s1.postimg.org/40t9i583j/mytruck.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by BangShiftChad View Post

Oh man. That sucks. You need a guard and a bazooka for that thing.
                          BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

My trailer is not near that nice, but I know what you mean about working hard for things. Mine has a lock on the ball latch and cable through the wheels.

Comment

Little league ball assn had, YES HAD, a Kubota tractor with a underbelly mower, bucket and box blade on a trailer parked at the assn prez's house.. Big chain and lock.. Somebody cut both with bolt cutters and stole everything.. There goes hard work from fundraisers! Even had the assn name on the tractor..

Comment

Working...
                              X