"Oddball" cars that make your head turn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Oddball" cars that make your head turn

We all know everyone loves Chevelles, GTO's, Camaros, Cuda's, Chevy II's, Challengers, Mustangs, etc. You know what im talking about. The cars everyone wants, and all the shows are just chocked full of them. So what old cars do you like that you never see that much? Im personally a fan of Ford Falcons and Edsels. I also think one of the coolest cars ive ever seen is the 65' rambler on this site. I guess until I saw those pics I never realized.... Ramblers are pretty sweet. Dont they weight under 3 thousand lbs in stock form? I also have to go with the 73'/74' Novas probably because I own one so im biased, but i think theyre pretty cool. So what "uncommon cars" turn your head?

Discuss.....

Re: "Oddball" cars that make your head turn

Just about anything out of the ordinary will make me turn my head. Decided I had to have a '67 T-bird after finding the gutted remains of one in the Junkyard, it was so far gone I couldn't tell what it was except it had an FE engine in it. About six years later I got one and between a '69 Firebird, '77 Skylark, '72 Centurion and the '67 T-bird I've gotten the most questions and compliments about the T-bird.

Any big and primered car will usually catch my eye. Most Mopar's fascinate me probably because I haven't been exposed to them enough, as well as AMC's. There are a couple of Studebakers (at least that's what I think they are) sitting around town here that I look at everytime I drive by.

I had to add a picture too:

I will eventually paint it black, darken the windows a bit and get some shiny rims.
    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

LOL...Dude I love this thread

Comment

Originally posted by 73Nova
        We all know everyone loves Chevelles, GTO's, Camaros, Cuda's, Chevy II's, Challengers, Mustangs, etc. You know what im talking about.
        We do...? ??? ;D
        I kinda like the stuff that's leaking atf in my garage at the moment. ;)
        But if I had the money I would buy a 1957-1960 Chrysler 300 C, D, E or F convertible.
        www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

Just so you know .. Not everyone likes or wants ..Novas, Chevelles,Mustangs ..etc
          matter of fact ..some HATE that crap

(2 cents)
          sigpic

Comment

Because most first call my Skylark a Nova I usually wish I had a rocket launcher everytime I see a Nova, but that's just me. (Had a few people call my Firebird a Camaro at that > )

Comment

Originally posted by BigDad
              Just so you know .. Not everyone likes or wants ..Novas, Chevelles,Mustangs ..etc

(2 cents)
              Oh I know. But the vast majority of magazines cover these cars all of the time because most people like them, and for good reason. That was my point. I know theres allways an exception. Onward with the discussion

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel25A

LOL...Dude I love this thread
                That, my friend, is "oddball" and very cool

Comment

Glad you like it...its real oddball when you are trying to find a part for it

Comment

Originally posted by 73Nova
                    Originally posted by BigDad

(2 cents)
                    Oh I know. But the vast majority of magazines cover these cars all of the time because most people like them, and for good reason. That was my point. I know theres allways an exception. Onward with the discussion

People love 73 Nova's .. huh, wha ?
                    sigpic

Comment

everyone knows novas, i tend to get more geeked up about venturas though. even though it is the same under pinnings, you hardly ever see anyone doing anything with them even through there are plenty around.

Comment

First let me say that AMC Machine is just fantastic! At a car show this summer I saw a 55 maybe 56 Packard caribean. (I can't spell it ) "But the car was a red and white convertible. Same with the leather interior. Had some kind of a big cubic inch Packard interceptor engine with 2 four barrels. Twin hood scoops, real wire wheels. This was all put on by the factory. Maybe someone with better computer skills can post a picture of one. It had class to say the least. Who knows how much it was worth. I'd think not many made..

Comment

Bad question for me...cuz I think I could take nearly any pre-'75 American car and find a way to make it cool, at least to me. I love creative hot rodding.

Oddballs on my want list:
                          '62 T-bird
                          Early Gremlin
                          Sunbeam Alpine V8
                          Willys wagon
                          Jeep FC
                          59 Biscayne
                          69 Sport Fury convertible
                          73 Olds or Buick Centurian convertible
                          65 Ranchero
                          etc, etc, etc

Comment

Originally posted by Freiburger
                            73 Olds or Buick Centurian convertible
                            This makes me Smile 8)

Comment

The American Motors AMX was and is a good looking different car in muscle car terms.
                              But I really like the lines of a Cord.... 8)
                              There are very few people in this world who's opinion I value, you are not one of them.

300 in 1999

Comment

Working...
                              X