A Steal Deal on a Helicopter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Steal Deal on a Helicopter

During this week, Duty Week, bored as heck, gotta keep moving, went to the grocery store. Just past the produce, they had the "get me" toys display. Yep. A helicopter.

I've been into RC fly-in-the-house micropters before. Hundreds of bucks into it. They break. And then you order tiny parts and do microsurgery to fix them and break them again.

This one, 18 bucks. I've bounced it off of the walls, failed some landings with it, standard fare.

And it's still good. 18 bucks from the grocery store. Here it is, charging up from the AA batteries inside the transmitter. Good deal. Lots of fun. Not as sophisticated as the expensive ones, won't hover, but fun.

Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2884.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	141.8 KB
ID:	880814
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

If a helicopter won't hover, how fun can it be?
    Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Originally posted by studemax View Post
      More than you know!
      Good for harrassing the cats in the house!

Comment

Originally posted by studemax View Post
        Money-wise versus fun-wise, a helluva lotta fun. I'm just a grey haired kid anyhow. Can't deny it.

Comment

I had one of the cheap ones before, when it quit working I took the flashing LEDs out and put them in a 1/32 Tahoe so my son could have a Police SUV.

Comment

If it doesn't hover, it isn't a helicopter. To fly is heavenly.....to hover is divine.
            Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
            HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
              If it doesn't hover, it isn't a helicopter. To fly is heavenly.....to hover is divine.

But if the wing is going faster than the fuselage, it must be a helicopter, and therefore it is dangerous.

Comment

My son went thru a mess of inexpensive helo's before and they never did fly right. I picked on up at a store one day where the dude was showing them off....It was half off so for 40 bucks I got one and it flys great, never a problem...hovers, sideways, backways, front ways, I need to pick up another one for the youngest.
                If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Working...
                X