Fresh out of the Neil & Parks shop...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fresh out of the Neil & Parks shop...

For those of you who crave fast inline 6's, check this thing out! I will have to get the details from Frank on this car, but the pic was so cool I had to post it.

Ron

It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Re: Fresh out of the Neil & Parks shop...

12-port Jimmy?

Comment

Now that is cool! ;D

Comment

any close up shots of the motor?

Comment

I wish I had more info on the car. What I do know is it was recently completed at the Neil & Parks shop in Burlingame, Kansas for Mike and Pat Nahn to run in NHRA Competition Eliminator. Frank Parks and his son, Scott, build and race some of the coolest front engine diggers on the planet and Scott has been almost untouchable in his Junior Fueler, running his small block Chevy powered machine in the 6.70 range at almost 200 mph. The car shown above was on their web page and I thought it looked rather tantalizing, so I posted a pic of it here. If Frank shows up at Heartland Park this weekend, I will ask him about the car, but he rarely shows up for a bracket race.

Ron
          It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

more details please!!!!! that's badass. A buddy is building up a jimmy motor with a big honkin turbo/EFI combo, to run at Bonneville in a year or two. Straight sixes are different and cool!
            www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

I met Scott and his dad at the March Meet a couple of years ago and they are very cool guys.

They obviously build some beautiful racers too.

Neat piece.

Here's a photo of Scott (the kid dead nuts in the middel) and his dad (to his right) in the March Meet winner's circle...a place they are really familiar with.

Brian
              That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Here is a slant 6 that we are working on at our shop. It is in a 74 Duster.Not sure of the spec on it yet, but my boss did tell me it ran 13's with the old 6 in it.

Comment

That Duster is trash-tastic!

Freiburger, it honestly strikes me as something you'd come up with.....Speed, post up the pics of that thing in a separate thread.......and don't forget "Joe Dart"....

The N&P digger looks cool....would like to se a close-up of the engine.

Comment

thank god we don't race toters or trailers, cause that thing in the background would scare us all away.....
                    Originally posted by TC
                    also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

Originally posted by tiresmoke!
                      That Duster is trash-tastic!

Freiburger, it honestly strikes me as something you'd come up with.....Speed, post up the pics of that thing in a separate thread.......and don't forget "Joe Dart"....

The N&P digger looks cool....would like to se a close-up of the engine.
                      I will have to tommorrow, I cant find my memory cards. Think I left them at the shop today.

Comment

Ron, Just call Frank for the info.Hes in the phone book! ;D ;D OOPS! Does Carbondale KS have phone service??From one "Shady" to another ;D

Comment

Anyone who would put their time and money into an inline six is positively insane! Who would know better than I? I LOVE the oddballs, and for me, half the fun is finding/making parts to see what you can get 'em to do. Good luck to this team, and I hope any extra, abandoned parts fall my way.

Dan

Comment

You say that like some sort of 'bad' thing,Dan ;D. And yes,good luck to the team. ~OO6.

Comment

Originally posted by A/Fuel
                              thank god we don't race toters or trailers, cause that thing in the background would scare us all away.....
                              have one of thoes go by you in the middle of the night in fla at like 100+ on your way to the wsn race in orlando!?

Comment

Working...
                              X