The Art of Racing (No, Just Driving Fast) In the Rain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Whelk View Post
    There we see it, PDub has accepted that there's a blower in Red's future. Just a matter of time until he can't stop himself.
    two realities have set in here - one, the obvious blower concession. The battle is over. Now, the HARD part... funding. I hope you're not seriously looking for sponsorship from a guy who quit working probably 10 years too early! I got a fishing pole and a dollar bill.
    Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by Whelk View Post
      There we see it, PDub has accepted that there's a blower in Red's future. Just a matter of time until he can't stop himself.

Ohhhhh yeah, $12,000 later I could get to the beer store even FASTER! And then...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Busted.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	64.3 KB
ID:	873954
      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

NOT THINKING.. trade red for a s/c factory mustang.. think Shelby..
        then it's just the roll cage....
        anything to help.. rmember to add m. grow to that money tree.. it's a big help

Comment

Originally posted by NewEnglandRaceFan View Post
          NOT THINKING.. trade red for a s/c factory mustang.. think Shelby..
          then it's just the roll cage....
          anything to help.. rmember to add m. grow to that money tree.. it's a big help
          Okay, I'm tired of dancing around the subject like some sort of corporate executive.

The real bottom line is THIS: Y'all BUY me a race-ready car, AND a trailer, I don't care WHAT it is. And y'all pay the track fees and gas, And I'll tow it to the track with Bubba and drive the wheels off of it.

(Wait, I forgot about tires and brake pads)

And if I get hurt or killed doing it, that'll be MY problem.

Comment

Sounds like a NASCAR arrangement to me.......
            Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
            HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
              Sounds like a NASCAR arrangement to me.......
              But what will y'all PAY me to drive it? It's gonna have to be a lot, mansions and airplanes, otherwise, we won't do any of this at all.

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post
                Okay, I'm tired of dancing around the subject like some sort of corporate executive.

The real bottom line is THIS: Y'all BUY me a race-ready car, AND a trailer, I don't care WHAT it is. And y'all pay the track fees and gas, And I'll tow it to the track with Bubba and drive the wheels off of it.

(Wait, I forgot about tires and brake pads)

And if I get hurt or killed doing it, that'll be MY problem.
                does anybody have a line on the slightly used barbie jeeps from the downhill mud race? I gotta little red wagon you can use for a trailer.

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
                  does anybody have a line on the slightly used barbie jeeps from the downhill mud race? I gotta little red wagon you can use for a trailer.
                  No, that's kid stuff. Bruised up and laughing.

I wanna run Road Atlanta with 900 horsepower. I wanna get killed quick and not even have time to think about it when the wall's coming.

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post
                    No, that's kid stuff. Bruised up and laughing.

I wanna run Road Atlanta with 900 horsepower. I wanna get killed quick and not even have time to think about it when the wall's coming.
                    you need help... but since you asked, you can do it today if you want. Go tell SueUnit you have a new girlfiend in accounting. Dead before the ink on this post dries.

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
                      you need help... but since you asked, you can do it today if you want. Go tell SueUnit you have a new girlfiend in accounting. Dead before the ink on this post dries.
                      Oh. No, we won't tell Unit that. And that other girl is not in Accounting.

Just setting my terms for driving on a track again. And that will be never. Satisfied, more than satisfied that way.

Comment

TELL US THE TRUTH, Unit saw the video and rather you not.. It's ok. I got the same thing in 2009 when I drove around n.h.i.s. sideways.. on track day of a car I was thinking of buy'n..
                        wife was like ,um NO. it was a nice ride to 2000 monte 2 cars ,5 motors, and tons of spares..

Comment

Originally posted by NewEnglandRaceFan View Post
                          TELL US THE TRUTH, Unit saw the video and rather you not.. It's ok. I got the same thing in 2009 when I drove around n.h.i.s. sideways.. on track day of a car I was thinking of buy'n..
                          wife was like ,um NO. it was a nice ride to 2000 monte 2 cars ,5 motors, and tons of spares..
                          Unit did in fact ask me one night, when the UPS and FedEx guys had us as their home mailing address because they were here so much, when I was getting stuff on top of stuff for the car,....she asked, "When will it end?" All I could say at that point was dunno, it's ongoing.

When I got home Monday I reminded her of that conversation and said, "It's over." That's done and it was a helluva blast and Red and I didn't get hurt. Win win win. The dude at Road Atlanta was waving the checkered flag at everybody but I knew he was waving it at me. Goshamighty that was cool.

Comment

I'm 15 years from my last derby behind the wheel..
                            I get to throttle the derby cars on the farm, plowing thru berry vines..
                            If not for that... I'd go stir crazy.. Who's not to say I already am??

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
                              I'm 15 years from my last derby behind the wheel..
                              I get to throttle the derby cars on the farm, plowing thru berry vines..
                              If not for that... I'd go stir crazy.. Who's not to say I already am??
                              DB you are delightfully crazy, but I don't think I'dda ever called you "stir."

Comment

there is always solocross and other events that don't cost nearly as much as road Atlanta would.. just say'n

Comment

Working...
                                X