No announcement yet.

The Art of Racing (No, Just Driving Fast) In the Rain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

awwww, c'mon. We all know this isn't over. We're just waiting to see how far the bar is raised. Get back on the horse, buddy.
    Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
    HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by NewEnglandRaceFan View Post
      there is always solocross and other events that don't cost nearly as much as road Atlanta would.. just say'n

I've proven over and over that Red and I are completely no good at that. And it should be fun, it should all be fun, and it is.

Red's too fat and heavy to do cones in a parking lot. He likes high speed stuff. His nose sticks up when we hit another gear, he likes that.
      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

The Mustangs actually aren't too bad for autocross, but they need some more suspension work and a good differential to make it happen. And you absolutely cannot overdrive the entry of the corners, otherwise it will push and scrub a ton of speed. That hasn't changed since the Fox Mustangs, ask me how I know. At least you have ABS now to keep from locking wheels, on the old 5.0 Mustangs the brakes and steering had such little feel, the only way to know you had a wheel locked in an autocross was from the smoke showing in your mirrors. LOL

cheers
        Ed
        Ed Nicholson - Caledon Ontario - a bit NW of Toronto
        07 Mustang GT with some stuff
        88 T-Bird Turbo Coupe 5-speed

Comment

Originally posted by fast Ed View Post
          The Mustangs actually aren't too bad for autocross, but they need some more suspension work and a good differential to make it happen.
          At one of the autocross outings a guy had one of those new rare ones, what is it, a Laguna Seca? He was a few seconds from fast, he was fun to watch. Superman's son rode with him one time, said it was a blast.

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
            awwww, c'mon. We all know this isn't over. We're just waiting to see how far the bar is raised. Get back on the horse, buddy.

It's a long shot, but it might be worth a try. Maybe I can run Red in NASCAR, on the big round tracks.

If their inspectors are like NASA inspectors.

In 4 events, I've driven with 3 organizations - Tracks Unlimited, Hooked on Driving, and NASA. It's all the same but the rules for inspection are different. One of them, I can't remember, in the pre-paperwork you get, they want you to take the center caps out of your wheels.

So I did all of that going to Road Atlanta. I pulled into the garage for inspection and popped the hood. Dude seemed surprised by the sound of the hood popping, said, "I don't need to see under there, where is your paperwork?"

So I handed him the "I inspected it myself" paper and reached around to get my helmet out of the backseat. He said, "I don't need to see that, as long as you have one" (a helmet). "Press the brakes." They checked the brake lights and I was done with inspection. Another dude mashed the hood back closed.

So, if that's what it's like in NASCAR, I think I can be on TV getting lapped. That would be GREAT fun!
            Last edited by pdub; December 15, 2013, 01:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X