X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's in the eye of the storm?

Made it home tonight........day early.
    Didn't want to be stuck in a motel.

Who's going to get the worst of the upcoming snow & ice storm?
    Looks like Southern states could be bad.

Although saw Randall's pics on Facebook and looks like out West isn't much better.
    Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Not too bad here.... 1-3 inches of snow forecast for Sunday.
    It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

It's just cold and windy here. We got a bit of snow last night, but it was too cold for any real amount. It's already in the single digits outside, with the 30 mph wind, I am guessing well below zero wind chill.

One thing I remember about winter temps on the plains is that our weather and temps are based on where the jet stream is at. The farther south it is, the colder it is here. I just saw it's all the down in the Gulf of Mexico.

In a word, Brrrrrrrrrr!
      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

I'm driving from Dallas to KC tomorrow.....could be a real mess.
        Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
        HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
          It's just cold and windy here. We got a bit of snow last night, but it was too cold for any real amount. It's already in the single digits outside, with the 30 mph wind, I am guessing well below zero wind chill.

One thing I remember about winter temps on the plains is that our weather and temps are based on where the jet stream is at. The farther south it is, the colder it is here. I just saw it's all the down in the Gulf of Mexico.

In a word, Brrrrrrrrrr!
          I still remember our winters when we lived in Lincoln.........first time I saw snow fence.
          Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post

In a word, Brrrrrrrrrr!
            Yep.... here's a look at the forecast for tomorrow's jet stream.... way, way, way down south.

Click image for larger version

Name:	cats-crop.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	68.0 KB
ID:	873772
            It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Yep, they will be able to drive across Lake Michigan by tomorrow night.
              BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
                I'm driving from Dallas to KC tomorrow.....could be a real mess.
                Dang.....that will be an interesting ride.
                Safe travels
                Thom

Comment

it is looking like a warm storm here, the same one.

we are going to get thrashed in the near future here something real nasty..

that silly tin can subaru is prophetic. the last time relays played dead... damndest weather came, wow.
                  Previously boxer3main
                  the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Said pictures. Now it's just freezing cold.

Leaving work yesterday.

When I got home.

Today leaving work at 4pm. It's only -13*F now =P It's pretty dang cold for here. F&*% global warming.
                    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
                      Said pictures. Now it's just freezing cold.

Leaving work yesterday.

When I got home.

Today leaving work at 4pm. It's only -13*F now =P It's pretty dang cold for here. F&*% global warming.

Damn those are some cold looking photos..........Torque keeping warm?
                      Thom

Comment

I kind of felt bad putting both dogs out in the -15*F temps this morning when leaving for work, but they seemed good and happy when I got home and wanted to stay outside while I was shoveling snow.
                        Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

75 tomorrow and 76 on Friday. I HATE this cold weather! (Though we've had some chilly temps and no doubt will again).

Best of luck to all of you caught in this mess.

Dan

Comment

Mid 20's... Snow tmrw, fri and sat..
                            By next wed supposed...supposed to be back to normal..
                            Actually warmer when it snows..
                            Going thru my wood pile FAST!
                            But nothing extreme for here... Might get another spell like this next month..

Comment

My wife is heading for Oregon for her mom's 90 b'day. Glad I'm staying in AZ

Comment

Working...
                              X