No announcement yet.

Who's in the eye of the storm?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I finished attaching the snow plow to my lawnmower today. It worked better than I expected.

Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
      right on. I hung around M's work this morning for 2.5 hours waiting to see if they were gonna close like they kept threatening to. Nah, of course not. Now they are saying "Closing early" ... uh huh. I put some blankets, food, and fluids (ain't sayin what kind of fluids) in the back as "emergency provisions".
      My wife had to be there by 10 to get paid for a full day. She was there a whopping two hours or so. Not a bad deal actually.

The "high" is supposed to be 24 or so Saturday. If I had known all of this I would've gotten out and done something last weekend! We have been homebodies the past few weeks!
      sigpic

Allen Karber

Arkadelphia,Arkansas

Comment

The temp has been dropping all day and it's about 48 now (5:30 PM). Tomorrow should be a high of about 50. Then Monday should be 70, Tuesday 65 or so, then back to 40's and 50's. What's up with the variable stuff? But it's exactly what the global warning models predict (wish they were wrong).

Dan

Comment

this year is unusual, but written. I already spoke a prediction in one of pewees threads, and it is exact so far.

..and the sun is about to do that flip flop for its own north and south pole.

hardly over.

strangely nice here.. even the drop after that big front you all got, is only the single numbers, there was time to dry out before it is all locked in rudely.

This place here, it is to keep an eye on the ground cover of snow (still a small amount after all that warmth), and how many days 40s did not melt it. That is the scary number, the earth changes, does not care what the sun is doing.

it is going to get damn cold soon..
          Previously boxer3main
          the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

For all of the jokes we get about Canadian weather, it is about 30 deg F here now, no snow on the ground ... looks like we are getting some flurries and slightly cooler temps coming in the next week, that's about it. Keep your snow and cold down there, and try to stay warm friends !!

cheers
            Ed
            Ed Nicholson - Caledon Ontario - a bit NW of Toronto
            07 Mustang GT with some stuff
            88 T-Bird Turbo Coupe 5-speed

Comment

Originally posted by fast Ed View Post
              For all of the jokes we get about Canadian weather, it is about 30 deg F here now, no snow on the ground ... looks like we are getting some flurries and slightly cooler temps coming in the next week, that's about it. Keep your snow and cold down there, and try to stay warm friends !!

cheers
              Ed
              It's about -40F with more snow than I have ever seen in Alberta... so you can keep the Canadian Winter jokes going...

Did the calculations 6 more years till the house in Maricopa is paid off and the renters get kicked out!!
              Last edited by 68 Valiant; December 7, 2013, 05:28 PM.

Comment

I'd love to say global warming predicted climate change and that caused it to be cold in December, but it has done this every year I can remember. We get at least one decent ice storm a year here. I've had turkey in snow and turkey in heat waves, been doing that here in Texas for a long time. That's where they got the phrase "Don't like the weather here? Wait ten minutes."

I looped the Escape today, the streets have refrozen and hit something that pitched the rear out. It just kept going. Front wheel drives are weird. So... instead of smacking the oncoming BMW, I hammered it and it went straight like it was pointed. It went over the curb on the wrong side of the road, and blasted through the median onto an alley. Great fun!!! I'd rather have a RWD but the diesel is too much effort for a short drive. Should have streets again by Monday.
                Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Spent the morning clearing driveway and sidewalks......small snowblower, snow shovel, ice melter.
                  Roads were pretty clear but all the melted stuff will freeze again tonite and do it all over again tomorrow.
                  Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Getting some snow tonight.
                    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 68 Valiant View Post
                      It's about -40F with more snow than I have ever seen in Alberta... so you can keep the Canadian Winter jokes going...

Did the calculations 6 more years till the house in Maricopa is paid off and the renters get kicked out!!
                      But that's Alberta, it's supposed to be frickin' cold and snowy out there! LOL
                      Ed Nicholson - Caledon Ontario - a bit NW of Toronto
                      07 Mustang GT with some stuff
                      88 T-Bird Turbo Coupe 5-speed

Comment

to step back from your loacale and get a bigger look, this site records daily temperature records:

weather;meteorology;stats;statistics;history;archive;temperature;precipitation;heat index;wind chill;pressure;forensic

alaska has warm records broken, while mexico is tying some cold. Fun.

Some of the records I see written, I beeline memory to working outside. This thrashing is good, unifies materials special needed for cold places into more..same for electron games too. World standards are great.. if they are real. Maine is in a prediction this year to be warmer.. never believe that one.
                        Attached Files
                        Previously boxer3main
                        the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Thanks, Barry... Makes me sane seeing that!
                          We have broken records set in 72, 62 and older...
                          For an area that sees 6" of snow on extreme years, '72 we has 16-24 inches for 2 weeks..
                          Was as low as 5*, factoring in wind chill it was -2*...
                          All in an area that only sees high 20's at the worst..
                          3 more days!
                          To those of you who NORMALLY see these temps.. I admire you!
                          My fake hip is telling me that it is time to visit Hawaii!

Comment

BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
                              You heard of a California Car Cover?

This is a Nebraska Car Cover
                              Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Working...
                                X