Alright Mopar geeks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alright Mopar geeks

I happened to be checking qualifying results from Denver instead of doing work here in my office and saw this on the Stock eliminator qualifying sheet

V/SA Mike Jeffrey, Lexington NE, '80 Diplomat 16.271 17.03 -0.759

The car runs 7 tenths under so it's not too much of a slug (on it's index...it's a total slug in real life ;D)

My question is...what motor is in the thing? It's got to be a 6 banger I'd think to qualify as a V/S car. I know of several 2.8 Camaros that run V and a guy in Canada was running a Pacer in the class, but what the hell motor could be in that thing?

Brian
    That which you manifest is before you.

Re: Alright Mopar geeks

here'a a few pics of said car.....

to answer your question....i don't have a clue.
    do they take 32 at a national event? if so he about .045 off right now.

my computer locks up when i try to acess the NHRA stock car classification page.....i can't even copy and past the link. i don't now why.
    Originally posted by TC
    also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

My guess would be 225 slant six...for the record our bone stock one runs mid 19's. It was so slow at the dragstrip that the announcer thought there was something wrong with it.

Comment

A/Fuel....pretty sure it's all run. I don't think they chop it at 32.

I never knew you could get the slant 6 in those cars. Learn something new every day.

There's a guy up here in New England named Bob Salemi that runs an I/FIA (I fuel injected automatic) Jeep commanche pick up with the 258 straight 6'er in it.

I normally like the sound of a straight six working away, but this thing is so raspy. The weird factor keeps it firmly in the cool category though.

Brian

Comment

adjusted altitude 9600ft :o
          can you even breathe there, let alone get a car to run?
          no wonder i've never been to denver, i wouldn't have a clue what to do.
          Originally posted by TC

Comment

My guess would be /6 as I can only see one header under the car.
            Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
            1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
            1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
            1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
            1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
            1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

The 225 was available in a Diplomat until 1983? if I remember right.

Comment

Originally posted by A/Fuel
                YIKES!

Kinnan is out there to check out the drag pack challenger and hang out at his home track. His formative car years were spend in Denver with lots of time up "on the mountain" at Bandimere.

C'amon man, you've never set the car up to run @ 10k feet? HA!

What was the air at that test day in Joliet we saw pictures from?

Brian

Comment

heh...80 225 was rated 110 hp, same year 318 2bbl was rated 120 hp. not a hell of a lot of difference
                  My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Yeah, but you know there was some jagoff with a members only jacket on bragging that he "stepped up" to the V8....and it's got "real good pick-up".

;D

Brian

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
                      Originally posted by A/Fuel
                      YIKES!

Kinnan is out there to check out the drag pack challenger and hang out at his home track. His formative car years were spend in Denver with lots of time up "on the mountain" at Bandimere.

C'amon man, you've never set the car up to run @ 10k feet? HA!

What was the air at that test day in Joliet we saw pictures from?

Brian
                      around 3200ft...and i think thats bad.
                      Originally posted by TC

Comment

the 84 up [I think] cop car 318s had QUADRAJETS!! the best class racing carbs ever
                        NYSP dropped the diplomat after the commander's wifes fifth avenue had more power than the diplomat

Comment

ha! i had an 85 gran fury with police package, it had the 318 2 brl though. what a slug. 19's wit ha trunk load of work tools. was a fun car to drive though, handled real well for a 4,000+lb car. had all sorts of coolers and an oil pressure guage added.

Comment

Still willing to bet it's a 225 /6. I'll put a pic up on Farley's and see if I can come up with something.
                            Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Working...
                            X