Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How about a forsale forum ( check this out )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How about a forsale forum ( check this out )

Maybe 2 forums
    Forsale
    Wanted
    sound like a good idea?

Re: How about a forsale forum ( check this out )

I have suggested that to DF but he thinks there is still not enough people here.
    Moonshine the official Power Tour Drink.

Comment

i hope they reconsider soon. my car club supports an active classifieds area with about 1650 members. with the rate at which this forum is growing and the broad appeal that it obviously has. i would suggest going with a 3 forum system to keep it organized, For Sale - Automotive, For Sale - Other, and Wanted.
      if you get it going now it will make things easier by preventing a flood of for sale ads appearing in the regular forums. there would ahv to be rules about professional selling though. nothing is more aggrivating to me than people who join a board jsut to try to make money off of the membership. it has caused trouble on my club site in the past and would definately call for some rules in the user agreement/terms of use and/or posted in the forums.

Comment

Originally posted by pro65
        I have suggested that to DF but he thinks there is still not enough people here.
        what does he know .. he wears lord boards 24/7
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BDS 8-71 Cuda
          Maybe 2 forums
          Forsale
          Wanted
          sound like a good idea?
          I go even one better... a "Seen for sale"-forum for stuff you've found on the internet somewhere and is not yours. ;)
          Works pretty nice on my own forums.

www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

I know it works.
            look at all the people
            over at moparts.
            Many forsale forums
            and some wanted
            forums.

works real well!

D.F. let's get it done.

Comment

10 CarJunkie TV / Project Cars Update / Re: 1965 Ford Comet for sale on: December 05, 2007, 12:37:21 AM
              "I was wondering if the forum was gonna have classifieds, for members "

I posted this and did not even get a response.
              Doug
              Reading , Pa
              Good Guys rodders rep.
              "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
              Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

Originally posted by pro65
                I think it might actually help draw more members, I know I like browsing them....never know what you might find...?????

Rickster

Comment

That would be Great, I have some WELD Prostars and tires for a Chevy Truck 4 Sale 5x5 bolt pattern,also fits older Gm cars.

Comment

So, no word from David F. on this.
                    Maybe he hasn't read this or has
                    not heard about everyone wanting
                    a Forsale forum on this site.

I say we all send him a PM
                    and really push to get a
                    forsale/wanted forum on here.

Comment

May I ask you a question with all seriousness as you seem to be very intent on having a for sale section, as am I. I've put my heart and soul into the site in my sig line, why not try it?

Comment

I think this is a great idea (4-sale/wanted) Ironically, I was just wasting an hour on evil-bay looking for interesting junk.....
                        Ed

Comment

Originally posted by BDS 8-71 Cuda
                          So, no word from David F. on this. ...

This is no flame, but personally I *think* neither David nor Keith or Chad can alter the forum's settings or layout, yet.
                          It probably has to be done by someone else, which could take a while to happen perhaps. I believe I've seen the name of a certain 'Mike' here, if I recall correctly.

On my own experience with running a number of other car-forums,
                          I do feel the abillity to 'reply' to an item in the forsale-forum should better be restricted. So it should not be a 'forum'. This to prevent others from commenting on the item for sale and therefore perhaps ruïning/diluting the entire forsale-topic of the original poster.
                          I've seen it happen often that people think they can have hugo and heated discussions in a forsale-topic of someone. This usually takes away the fun for the original poster to ever place another item for sale.
                          www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlockMopar
                            I do feel the abillity to 'reply' to an item in the forsale-forum should better be restricted. So it should not be a 'forum'. This to prevent others from commenting on the item for sale and therefore perhaps ruïning/diluting the entire forsale-topic of the original poster.
                            Sellers need to realize that the buyers are members of a social group and no-one likes seeing friends or aquaintances get ripped off. If the item in question is cheaper someplace else or if the seller is known to have issues, as a potential buyer, I'd want to know about it. I hope you're not talking about limiting those types of posts.
                            Cheap, slow, half-assed: Pick three

Comment

No, ofcourse sellers shouldn't be ripping off other forummembers. And people who notice this happening anyway can always notify the seller, the buyer or one of the Admins on a forum to take care of this.

But I'm speaking from my own forum-running experiences, where I've seen 'Regular Joe' try to sell some of his stuff he can't use anymore for instance, and other people (who aren't in the least interested in the stuff) start trashing his stuff and mention some 'Slim Jim' around the corner sells this for a buck or two less.
                              Or even worse, a 'Slim Jim' himself tells people in the same topic he can sell you more of this kinda stuff for less.
                              All great and dandy for the potential buyer, but it will scare off regular folks who got something and might think they get undersold by Slim Jim again.
                              Therefore I would say, disable any (useless) replying to forsale-topics. Just like eBay for instance.
                              If you need to contact the seller, just shoot him a PM or an email.
                              www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

Working...
                              X