No announcement yet.

You know you're getting old when.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You know you're getting old when.......

......you get excited about getting a new car.....and it's a NEW CAR! Getting in my DD is as uneventful as putting on my shoes. Yet I got a little excited yesterday when I got rid of the Toyota and got this. I'm doomed. What the Hell have I become?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by groucho; December 7, 2013, 07:24 AM.
    STUGOTS

New cars, even the little pisspots, are pretty good to drive these days. Enjoy !!

cheers
    Ed
    Ed Nicholson - Caledon Ontario - a bit NW of Toronto
    07 Mustang GT with some stuff
    88 T-Bird Turbo Coupe 5-speed

Comment

poor Groucho... what kind of buttplug is that?

oh, wait, the missus says "It's sorta cute"

Hope that helps.
      Last edited by Beagle; December 7, 2013, 07:41 AM.
      Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

I'm old but I'm not there yet, I'll still sacrifice fuel mileage for something fun to drive but then I haven't bought anything new since my 1973 Chevy Truck either!
        sigpic

Just an Old Drag Racer that still has dreams of going fast!

Comment

....but it's a shame that they're so hard on the eyes.....
          My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

You poor sap.
            Go ahead, pull my finger.

Comment

What was the devil short on souls?
              Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Originally posted by groucho View Post
                .... What the Hell have I become?
                Pussified
                Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

I have a DD thats decent on gas, at least it's turbo charged though, so it's not entirely boring. I justify it by telling myself its good to run for parts or go check on craigslist finds.

Comment

Rarely I say this but on occasion it feels pretty good, so what is it?

Comment

Can't even tell WTF it is other than a car of some sort..
                      Don't worry... When you start BRAGGING about it is when you DO worry...
                      Gotta be practical... I DD a 90 Suburban.. Over $100/fill-up..

Comment

Yeah if Groucho ever starts bragging about it that's when it's really time to worry! I liked your answer Monk, maybe one of his "Rentals" insisted that he trade for that car?
                        sigpic

Just an Old Drag Racer that still has dreams of going fast!

Comment

No idea what it is. Tempting to want to pull your car guy card but your pretty heavily weighted in hod rods / muscle cars. I'm thinking a little beamer would have been better or a WRX but I know that is cheaper than the latter. I'm 51 now. Our dailies are basically 2 S15 Jimmies, ( ones a Bravada ) then there is the *7 GTA and a 91 305 5speed camaro RS. I will admitt it is more fun driving a slow car fast than a fast car slow.
                          Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
                            Can't even tell WTF it is other than a car of some sort..
                            Don't worry... When you start BRAGGING about it is when you DO worry...
                            Gotta be practical... I DD a 90 Suburban.. Over $100/fill-up..
                            I'm with bob.

wtf is that?

a hyundoaie? mr borschy? hounder cheevic? toyta?

I'll never get anew little one, its actually the sideways engine thing.. don't care what it is. Never getting one. I did memirize the sight of the 80s subarus for obvious reason..about all. I even confused BRZ for something euro or american.
                            Last edited by Barry Donovan; December 7, 2013, 02:59 PM.
                            Previously boxer3main
                            the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

I'm with Casper on this one. I genuinely don't know which appliance that is.

But appliances are useful for A-B transportation, which I guess is the purpose of this one. Maybe a tuner chip and a fart can - and we'd have to come over and demand your man card!

Dan

Comment

Working...
                              X