Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ZR1 Eating BMW Schnitzel !!

think a prelude is ready for this ???
    maybe chapter 11 ahead , but we still kick butt !
    The Corvette ZR1 making its GTR crushing Nurburgring blast of 7:26.4 driven by Jim Mero on June 27th 2008.-Garage419Thank you GMnext.com!!

Re: ZR1 Eating BMW Schnitzel !!

The ZR1 just pulled to the top of my list..... 8)

I am not sure if the car or the driver impressed me more......It almost felt like you are in a C6R.....(wonder how quick they lap the ring?)

Absolutely awesome......GM is at the top of its game.....Not with profit, but definitely with speed.

Seth
    200 mph or bust.......

Comment

cars and trucks are selling well
      the government demaded GMAC makes bad loans
      no money

Comment

Reminds me of driving to work ;D

Comment

Sounds like they should run it with racing tires. Maybe they were, but it didn't sound like it.

Comment

^They said its is showroom trim, just timing equipment added i believe

Comment

I guess that's the point. See what it will do right off the street. But anything to go faster, huh?

Comment

I couldn't imagine going 176 with all those trees and basically being on a 2 lane highway! Awesome car and driver!

Comment

Great performance, car and video no doubt but when it comes to eating a BMW I guess it depends on which BMW we are talking about.

Comment

Beautiful!

The fact that all of this is being powered by an "antiquated passenger-car engine" just makes it that much better...

Comment

Am I the ontly one that noticed the speedometer max out? Not sure what it maxes at but it was definately pegged a few times. That thing seemed like the 60-130 acceleration is as fast as my Motorcycle, incredible. Also what got me on that last straight-a-way at 170mph he shifted gears :o Nice to know when going 170 you have another gear.
                      Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by HoosierGTA
                        I couldn't imagine going 176 with all those trees and basically being on a 2 lane highway! Awesome car and driver!
                        I was thinking the same thing but also with NO cage.

Comment

Wow, if I win the lotto I'll buy one, than we'll all take turns abusing it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JRoberts
                            Great performance, car and video no doubt but when it comes to eating a BMW I guess it depends on which BMW we are talking about.
                            well , maybe bmw formula one program may have something for it
                            HAHA , BMW superiority (?) buys trannies from GM , the ones we put in postal service AM GENERALS , good car with the mailman automatic

Comment

For those that haven't been following this, a little background. Pretty much all the manufacturers are doing their suspension development at the Nurburgring now and it's become a bit of a contest to get bragging rights for the fastest lap around the 'ring with a production model. The 'ring is considered to be the ultimate test of a real road car with it's high and low speed sections, elevation changes, and less than perfect surface-some sections are pretty rough so it's not like a modern perfectly smooth track. Nissan held the production car record for a while with the new GT-R which is high tech taken to extremes-480hp TT V6, AWD, electronics that practically drive the car. The GT-R, and now the Corvette, are faster than anything that BMW, Audi, or Mercedes Benz have, and are also faster than some pretty impressive exotics as well. For GM to snatch this prize is really a pretty big deal, and a big stick in the eye to all the euro-snobs that continue to insist that American cars are only good at making low tech horsepower. To make it even better this wasn't with a pro driver at the wheel but a GM engineer-although he is obviously very good.

The video plays a bit better at the GM website-

What's equally impressive is that a couple weeks ago the new Cadillac CTS-V set the record for the fastest lap for a production sedan-and did it with an automatic car. John Heinricy drove it around the 'ring in 7:59.32- there's a vid on the GM site of that run too. The new Caddy is decisively faster than all the hot new european iron. Both cars were run in full production trim with the OE tires that they come with from the factory. Makes me awfully proud. For all the problems we have it's a great example of what we can do when we set our mind to it and follow thru.

Comment

Working...
                              X