• Show
Clear All

• HDTV question

Will one HDMI cable out perform another? If yes, what to look for? THX
    STUGOTS

The Green Machine.
    http://s1.postimg.org/40t9i583j/mytruck.jpg

Comment

it's digital....there is no such thing as "signal quality" with digital stuff.

If you pay more than $6 for an HDMI cable, you got ripped off.
      My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by groucho View Post
        Groucho..
        There are differences but often these are overhyped..
        A critical point is their length, try to keep as short as possible.
        Believe it or not Harbor Freight has some good quality HDMI cables for cheap prices..

Take care..

Just my $0.05...
        Last edited by M Code; December 9, 2013, 09:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post

What Jim said........I buy 'em at wholesale and huge profit margins built in.

You might try this place...........good prices.

Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Thanks guys. I got a couple 3 footers for $4 each w/free shipping. Now I'm not worried about "to good to be true"
            STUGOTS

Comment

Originally posted by groucho View Post
              NO, they are all the same, only difference is some of the first ones don't have (support) an audio return channel..

until you get over 50foot + there is no difference.. other than some rated for inwall use and some with a heavier cover (mostly used for a cable that get walked on, like a game console..

monoprice.com is a good place to get them.. fair price..

THEY ALL ARE MADE IN CHINA, and mostercable is a middleman. they don't make anything, they just slap their name on them and jack the price..

I bough the biggest gauge(wire) ones.. just because it wasn't but a few bucks more.. the cables with chips in them are not needed until you are going very long runs iirc over 35 feet.. and even then they are not needed most times until 50 foot runs..
              Last edited by NewEnglandRaceFan; December 10, 2013, 03:46 AM.

Comment

HDMI talk monitored by and responded to by the makers of HDMI. What, where, how, why, issues, etc about HDMI & the format are here.

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post

I'd bet none of them work worth a crap if you drag them over the top of a an old flourescent light ballast.
                  Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Working...
                  X