They Gave Turk the Keys to a Bird Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They Gave Turk the Keys to a Bird Again

Christmas Tree harvesting at Noble Mountain Christmas Tree Farm in Oregon. Pilot Dan Clark flying a Northwest Helicopters, LLC 206B3 Jetranger November of 2...
    Dustin in Pennsylvania

Dude's probably been flying since he was five...

Comment

Amazing right? I fall over three out of five mornings putting socks on.
      Dustin in Pennsylvania

Comment

that was very cool.

I just watched a 40 something minute show on the tucker, he used helicopter flat 6 at first.

give balanced guts its only going to gain a lopsided crook. A job in the woods is very satisfying.
        Previously boxer3main
        the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Holy smokes!
          That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Time is money!

I wonder what they are using for the hook and release mechanism.
            Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

POETRY IN MOTION!
              Across a 400' pasture in front of my house was a christmas tree farm..
              Those little copters shake the house.. the field is maybe 40-50 acres.. Took them half a day to load maybe 20 trucks..
              It is said that as much as it costs to operate the copters, it is still cheaper than loading and hauling them out on the ground..
              Remember, here in OR, where they have trees is usually on steep ground and very muddy.. 5 trips in one rut will bury a 4by up to the pumpkin..
              Those guys are really skillful! Watching them in person is a real treat! The vibrations of the machine felt on the hood of the truck beauty and fluidity of them in a very boring job.. Think of it.. Back and forth..
              If it aint snowy tmrw, I just might find a place to watch a copter!

Comment

I read the tag under the video...after I post the above reply..
                Both farms are 5-30 miles from me..
                And I have more than likely watched that pilot fly!

Comment

Pretty freaking crazy. Wonder how often they crash.
                  The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

that's awesome.. bet hooking the next one is the only thing slowing them down..

Comment

Originally posted by Schtauffer View Post
                      Pretty freaking crazy. Wonder how often they crash.
                      There was one last year or the year before.. So actually not often at all..
                      Since I cant hear, I feel them.. They do shake the house..

Comment

Originally posted by NewEnglandRaceFan View Post
                        that's awesome.. bet hooking the next one is the only thing slowing them down..
                        You are right.. Hooking is the slowest part..

Comment

The way he "plays" the swing is cool. Looks like he gets in a rythem.

Comment

Speaking of Keith Turk, I saw him on TV the other night...Cafe Racer tv show....
                            If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Working...
                            X