No announcement yet.

Lohnes, REMOVE That Video!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY View Post
      See what I mean about the acerebrial Visigoths and Vandals winning . . . . Turning off your brain is always the easy path.

Comment

I'm really surprised you guys haven't scolded Brian for posting all those videos of racing "incidents". Seems to me that he's promoting the destruction of race cars....and the race cars are actual hot rods.
        My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by The Outsider View Post
          See what I mean about the acerebrial Visigoths and Vandals winning . . . . Turning off your brain is always the easy path.
          Well, lets see if I can sum up this thread.

a few dont like the idea of mindless destruction of old vehicles

a few people do

a few believe that it is your vehicle, you do what you want

a few say do what you want but I wont like it....

I dont think anyone can say anything from this point forward that is any different that what has already been stated.

I can see both sides of the argument, I can agree with both sides....but the side I am on is different from another side so my side is wrong to some as the other side is wrong to others

blah, blah, blah, blah....
          If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

I approve of beating this photocopier to death. Feed Form Letter? WTF Does that mean?

my rap star name would be PC Toner Low.
            Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

my take, if they bought it and have title in hand, they can do as they please..
              it's those that don't own the unit and take it and destroy it. are the ones I have a problem with..

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
                I'm really surprised you guys haven't scolded Brian for posting all those videos of racing "incidents". Seems to me that he's promoting the destruction of race cars....and the race cars are actual hot rods.
                There's a big difference between (a) an accident in forms of racing where the cars are intended for use in multiple events and are not supposed to be consumed and destroyed by the end of the event; and (b) intentionally designing a "competition" for the purpose of wrecking antiques.

Vintage sports car racing works very well with strict penalties against contact. Drag racing is also a "no contact" sport. Most open wheel series also have practical limits to contact.

It is only "jalopy-type" formulae (mostly on dirt) that seem to tolerate and encourage contact.

Comment

I'm not talking about intentional contact.
                  My fabulous web page

Comment

Originally posted by NewEnglandRaceFan View Post
                    my take, if they bought it and have title in hand, they can do as they please..
                    it's those that don't own the unit and take it and destroy it. are the ones I have a problem with..
                    Red herring! Nobody is arguing the lawfulness of vandalizing your own antiques. But just because one lawfully can do something stupid doesn't mean that the community or the media ought to be celebrating it or promoting it.

Comment

I'm not talking about intentional contact.
                      Intent is kinda central to this discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by beagle View Post
                        i approve of beating this photocopier to death. Feed form letter? Wtf does that mean?

My rap star name would be pc toner low.
                        ahhhhhahahahahaha!
                        "First I believe if you keep the RPM's high enough, ANYTHING is possible." PeeWee

Comment

Originally posted by The Outsider View Post
                          Intent is kinda central to this discussion.
                          So...the promotion of videos of wanton destruction of hot rods is OK if the destruction is not intentional.
                          My fabulous web page

Comment

So...the promotion of videos of wanton destruction of hot rods is OK if the destruction is not intentional.
                            Showing an accident that nobody intended occur shouldn't encourage others to go out and tear up stuff for fun. Showing a gimmick "race" that is predicated on the "rule" or presumption that you're supposed to bash up the other guy's vehicle really isn't the same thing.

wan-ton (adjective)1. (of a cruel or violent action) deliberate and unprovoked.
                            "sheer wanton vandalism" Synonyms: deliberate, willful, malicious, spiteful, wicked, cruel.

Thus, your apparent premise that all racing accident videos contain "wanton" destruction is patently false.

Comment

If the cars were not racing, they wouldn't get destroyed. They were intentionally placed in a risky situation. That should be pretty obvious just from looking at the safety equipment installed on the race cars.
                              My fabulous web page

Comment

you can't reason with a troll Jim....

Comment

Working...
                                X