SEMA and PRI. What's the difference?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SEMA and PRI. What's the difference?

It is something I don't understand. Yes, SEMA is bigger and encompasses much more of the automotive enthusiast market from wheels and tires to full race products.

PRI, Performance Racing Industry, is obviously more oriented to going fast and the racing industry.

But, do companies go to PRI and not SEMA? If you had a hot new product that is for the racing world, wouldn't you want to show it off at SEMA? Then what would be the point of reshowing at PRI about 6 weeks later?

I could use some input again?
    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Yes! Many many performance / racing type companies go to PRI but don't do SEMA. You can look on line at the list of companies going to either and see for yorself. Huge difference in both the person shopping and the person selling too.
    There are very few people in this world who's opinion I value, you are not one of them.

300 in 1999

Comment

from a non insiders brain..
      I'd say you'd go to the one that's going to get you the most customer base that's more than likely gonna use your products..

sema seems to be about over the top show cars, and new products.. and from what I've read/seen seem to be more street legal stuff.. than all out not d.o.t. approved racing parts..
      I'm sure many hit both.. but if I was a company that couldn't afford to go to both.. I'd do the one that get more likely to use/buy eyeballs..
      wonder how fast sema fills up.. and if they let any company show their wares..

Comment

alot of stuff overlaps. like "AEM" etc etc. "MSD"
        they can do whatever they want.

I wondered about the high performance cats. I run a 100 cell,legal in maine (49 state).. would they not go to sema becuas eof one state?

then there is the air fuel, some are forced to call offroad. My old rochester monojet was on a million vehicles, and still more offroad than the modern injected anything.

anyway.. its like spam, "they" throw it everywhere.
        Previously boxer3main
        the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Hmmmm how to put this

SEMA is to JC Whitney as PRI is to Summit.
          Last edited by Bob Holmes; December 10, 2013, 11:38 PM.
          I'm still learning

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Holmes View Post
            Hmmmm how to put this

SEMA is to JC Whitney as PRI is to Summit.
            so does that make Chad and Brian that cover the show and products at sema

Comment

A hooker biter and a dead guy?

from what I hear about SEMA, I'd probably try a smaller, more specific show if I were marketing racewares.
              Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
                I was going with the angle of what they did for a job.. lol..
                not their rap sheet

Comment

I must admit the magazine that PRI sends me is first class and the one I just received is almost an inch thick and full of information.

I have guys who have seen the magazines laying around the office and asked me have it.

Jimbo

Comment

Boring and less boring

Go there to load up on freebies and list on ebay

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post

from what I hear about SEMA, I'd probably try a smaller, more specific show if I were marketing racewares.
                      I agree, I like local shows were you can meet Local people doing local performance work, since I'd rather keep my money in my state and support a local business, than one of these Corporate conglomerates. It's funny I have one buddy that doesn't even do anything in the Performance industry, but he made up a fake business up so he can go to SEMA and walk around like he's some big shot. I have a feeling that this is the majority of the people that go to SEMA/PRI.
                      The Green Machine.
                      http://s1.postimg.org/40t9i583j/mytruck.jpg

Comment

Working...
                      X