gloves ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gloves ???

Hello, the meds I'm on. seem to cause my hands to get colder faster.. or seem colder.. it does this to my whole body.. but I can keep that warm. and it isn't from slowing blood flow/circulation as I already looked into that..
    my mechanic's gloves(tm) are thin and are not gonna work.. without stopping and warming hands.. and that's not good for your hands either..
    so looking for a thin glove type that's not so bulky that you can't work with them on.. I have thinsulate winter gloves but they are bulky..
    figuring skiers /etc must have something they use or those farther north than I that have to work outside all the time..
    I try to use a hot plate for the tools I think I'll be using , but that only helps a little and all bets are off outside and windy..

I'll be dammed if I'm gonna miss half of next years car events because of 3-4 months of cold weather stopping me.. but I'd like to feel my fingers.. lol
    thanks

Isotoners...
    If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

do a search for thermal glove liners,

or

mechanix gloves have some new "winter" type gloves that are supposed to be good...
      Last edited by 1badmonkey; December 12, 2013, 09:43 AM.
      Charles

Comment

Mom has that problem from the RA auto-immune suppressants.......sucks. Hope you find a way around it!
        Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

I'm not on any meds, and I live where it's warm, and my fingers are almost numb...and I'm inside the house.

I hope you find something that helps
          My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

thanks guys, I'll find something.. the hand warming packs that you crush and they warm up are not an option.. as it's not my whole hand that gets cold.. at least not as fast..
            I'll find something.. or find away to pay for my car in garage to go into a storage place indoors and get the truck in the garage.. that at least I can somewhat heat.. if we don't get buried this w-end with snow.. I might have a chance to get the truck into the garage.. if not.. it's gonna be a long winter.. but i'll be damned if I'm stalled for months (now till march) other than the honey do list.. but that's a part of life..lol

Comment

I use the thin gloves, they used to be just liners - but now they actually have some protection of the material on the fingers and palms. Best of all, they're $10.00 at Costco. They are so warm that I rarely wear my ski gloves when skiing - though they do get a bit cold with high wind speed.

best of all, when fine motor skills aren't required, you can wear them inside your leather, work gloves.
              Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; December 12, 2013, 10:32 AM.
              Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

My dad handed me some cat diesel gloves, been using them.
                The rubber part does not fail in fuel.

I like the tops of my hands to breathe, my pipelines stick out.. gloves too tight and warm are dumber.
                in bitter cold, I'd find something else.. probably at family dollar, cheap.

edit: you mentioned meds, it maybe a blood gooper... Some hot coffee from a glass or stainless in the cold is good. Polymers start doing stuff, exceeding the plastic cups.

A cheap juice called "tampico" .. that word potassium is in that.

The scariest story I ever heard was the boat that sank before the edmund fitzgerald. Down to 2 guys in a tiny life raft, very cold.. a dead body or two in the boat wrapped in ice. The last one says to the other, I cannot breathe, the other guy says "cough".. died instantly.

Very sneaky part of the cold. As one thickens, it is warm, only because you are shutting down.

keep the pipes moving, good fluids.
                Last edited by Barry Donovan; December 12, 2013, 10:53 AM.
                Previously boxer3main
                the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by 1badmonkey View Post
                  do a search for thermal glove liners,

or

mechanix gloves have some new "winter" type gloves that are supposed to be good...
                  Sean (AMeanXtreme) got a pair last month and swears by them... I'm thinking about a pair for myself, but want to use up the old ones first...
                  Patrick & Tammy
                  - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                    I use the thin gloves, they used to be just liners - but now they actually have some protection of the material on the fingers and palms. Best of all, they're $10.00 at Costco. They are so warm that I rarely wear my ski gloves when skiing - though they do get a bit cold with high wind speed.

best of all, when fine motor skills aren't required, you can wear them inside your leather, work gloves.
                    any hint on brand

Comment

Originally posted by NewEnglandRaceFan View Post
                      any hint on brand
                      I may edit this later today, but I believe they're made by Head.
                      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

NERF - I never liked the cold but following the heart attack I simply can't do cold weather. Fortunately I have a supportive wife and our solution was to move to coastal NC. We planned in the move for me to have a decent shop (wound up with 30'X40') and heat for the amount of winter that we do have.

I mention all this because if this proves to be a permanent situation you may need to think of a long-term solution in order to have a decent quality of life. It's tough to leave your friends and essentially everything you know and love but for me it turned out to be worth it.

Sorry I'm no help with the gloves - I never found a way to work in gloves even when I had to work outside in a Michigan winter. Hope you find something that will work for you. Over time I was able to put together decent heated shops so I could keep going year-round.

Dan

Comment

I have a pair of these....they work GREAT

Get your order fast with Discount Safety Gear - We offer Safety Equipment, Custom Hard Hats, Safety Glasses and PPE like Disposable Gloves at discount prices!
                          The Beatings will continue until MORALE IMPROVES !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                            NERF - I never liked the cold but following the heart attack I simply can't do cold weather. Fortunately I have a supportive wife and our solution was to move to coastal NC. We planned in the move for me to have a decent shop (wound up with 30'X40') and heat for the amount of winter that we do have.

I mention all this because if this proves to be a permanent situation you may need to think of a long-term solution in order to have a decent quality of life. It's tough to leave your friends and essentially everything you know and love but for me it turned out to be worth it.

Sorry I'm no help with the gloves - I never found a way to work in gloves even when I had to work outside in a Michigan winter. Hope you find something that will work for you. Over time I was able to put together decent heated shops so I could keep going year-round.

Dan
                            Man you are long winded Dan. Where's Keith Turk when you need him?

Mark - Samsonite.
                            Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Lotsa bucks-up solutions here:http://www.amazon.com/Warmawear-Heat...=heated+gloves
                              My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Working...
                              X