Hey Bob, Others

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NewEnglandRaceFan View Post
    just like here, the people don't know history. and if they did.. "celebrated his life" would not be the phase used..
    Amen to that. What is called history today is more akin to creative writing.
    Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Originally posted by newenglandracefan View Post
      just like here, the people don't know history. And if they did.. "celebrated his life" would not be the phase used..
      exactly!
      sigpic

Just an Old Drag Racer that still has dreams of going fast!

Comment

C'mon guys. This is NOT a thread about Mandella, it's a thread about a mentally unstable supposed sign language interpreter. PLEASE stay on topic. Beginning to think I should have skipped this thread but I really wanted Bob and Joe's input.

Dan

Comment

I share your curiousness Dan. Its been on my mind, the wife of a good friend is an interpreter, I have been wanting to ask her opinion. According to her there are many "dialects" of sign, not too many different "languages" though.

She interprets for kids in high school shop class currently, lots of good stories!
          Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Sorry for being late to the party..
            When I first saw clips I thought it was a South African dialect..
            THEN..a real South African deaf was on the news, and his, I understood alot more of.. With his guestures and signs.. Alot the interpreter's "signs" were gestures.. Facial expression is very important in interpreting.. He is pretty dead..
            He said he took ONE YEAR of classes... To train for interpreting in America, it takes years.. Some less, because their parents are deaf..
            There was a hilarious clip on you tube that was making fun of that guy.. But most deaf got offended.. I thought it was funny.. It has been removed..
            Bad part of all this is the rights we fought to have interpreters in those spots will go away.
            One friend said that Obama was in no danger as crazies do not hurt each other... Sorry for the political slant.. Supposed to be funny..
            There is an interpreter out of Bangor Maine that interprets rock shows.. And she was asked by a rapper to sign some dirty words. She did.. Yes it is possible to cuss in sign language.. This lady travels the country, learns the songs and timing.. There is nothing worse than an interpreter telling a joke, then laughs at the punchline and not finishing it.. Or late..
            In short, pretty shameful that someone like that got to be in front of the world..

Comment

Simply put.. Somebody dropped the ball..
              That fake has murder, rape and kidnap charges against him..
              For other incidences

Bears mentioning.. He stood up there 4 hours+
              Normally they switch off every 45 min to an hour..

Saw a clip just now where he was making balloon animals! Gawd! That was funny!
              Last edited by Deaf Bob; December 13, 2013, 10:27 AM.

Comment

I won't lie. A lot of this is bloody funny (read some of the best jokes about it here). The fake sign language interpreter is now a cultural phenomenon, featuring on major US comedy shows and catalysing a new meme. And yet, at the heart of this, is a terrible…

She makes some valid points..
                Explains it a bit better.. .
                It has really blown up on he comedic circuit..

Comment

Originally posted by STINEY View Post
                  Amen to that. What is called history today is more akin to creative writing.
                  been that way a long time. A fake noble gets the same attention...yet lives. to write the real thing needs an army for a thousand years. Keeping babies in the stone wall room and giving them a safe exit.

As ambivelant as primitive is to gain a gov't sovereign.. maybe they do not respect deaf or disabled, the evil chain of listen to the strength, interpret no other.

gimping along in a marathon, I too would get run over.

interepret that and live with it.
                  Previously boxer3main
                  the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Handicapped, be it blind, deaf, gimpy, old.. Will always be stomped on..merely human nature..

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
                      Handicapped, be it blind, deaf, gimpy, old.. Will always be stomped on..merely human nature..
                      you are very cool Bob. I live with disablity too...and feel the same.

Not accepting that is another world of shit upon oneself.

I hope comedy does something good with this stuff.
                      I wonder what SNL will do with it.
                      Previously boxer3main
                      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

The whole story is shocking and sad. Shocking insofar as in a time where we're blanketed by security cameras, NSA surveillance, checkpoints, secure I.D.s, precautionary background checks, and other security intrusions, an imposter still could finagle his way that close to a stage full of world leaders.

Also shocking that someone would be so deranged or self-absorbed to intentionally perform such a grotesque and offensive mis-service to the hearing impaired, yet would remain undetected for so long.

But it's sad because it seems apparent that this imposter likely has a cognitive disability of his own.

Comment

Hey DB, did you want me to post that photo you sent called, "Nailed it?" I'm just now catching up on this thread. (and on email at the same time)
                          Last edited by pdub; December 13, 2013, 02:02 PM.
                          Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post
                            Hey DB, did you want me to post that photo you sent called, "Nailed it?" I'm just now catching up on this thread. (and on email at the same time)
                            If you want... Thought you'd get a kick out of it!

Comment

I'm still shaking mad at the dishonor that the criminal placed upon Nelson Mandela - the worst part is he will cash in on his fame; instead of rotting in a cell in Siberia
                              Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
                                If you want... Thought you'd get a kick out of it!
                                Did.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Nailed It.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	37.4 KB
ID:	873952
                                Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Working...
                                X