Feeling old today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feeling old today

I know I aint as old as some of you geezers but this is one of those days when you look back on the past and thing...damn...I am getting old.

My little girls 17 today, Friday the 13th 1996, 1:32 pm 9lbs6oz. I can still remember everything about the day she was born, and when we brought her home...just like it was yesterday.

I dropped off a little stuffed animal with ballons and a dozen cup cakes at her school...you would think a 17 yr old girl would think that was stupid and emarrasing. Not so much, smiles ear to ear...

So much changes in the course of 17 years. The one constant is I adore that little girl...

getting old aint so bad...the experiences along the way have made it worth it I guess....and on the bright side...I still aint as old as some of you geezers LOL!
    If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Hug them!
    Make them KNOW they get hugged!
    My baby's 31!
    She is always my baby!

Comment

My youngest is 20. I hear you.
      Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

no kids for me, me and you joe are the same age if I recall..

I watch nephews and nieces grow. I don't believe they know how to interpret me. I am real life friendly version of a loner..and it aint so bad. Truth what it is.

something I have not been able to do and did today. Speaking of age..

Car inspection due in the near future,I am sittingin driver seat, car running at idle. I grabbed the steering to keep me from falling out, hand on wheel and had my head upside down to check for leaks in the exhaust. sat back up quick and did not get dizzy.

that is a big deal. 40 is almost over.

I mention the car, as I remember my first weeks with it, going on 8 years.. my niece was sitting in the back, little kid. I opted not to trust the car at all. Built around that innocent little girls face sitting there assuming it was safe. Uncle and dad put her there.

kids affect everybody.
        Previously boxer3main
        the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Wow Joe......17......

You really are old!! Ha!!

My oldest is 11 in a few weeks, went to a school program last night.

He and his friends are looking more like smallish adults, and less like big kids. Spooky stuff indeed.

His lady friends are pretty cool too..... although I have to admit my 8 year-old was having meaningful conversatons with more 20-somethings....

Kids are a hoot.
          Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Originally posted by STINEY View Post
            Wow Joe......17......

You really are old!! Ha!!

My oldest is 11 in a few weeks, went to a school program last night.

He and his friends are looking more like smallish adults, and less like big kids. Spooky stuff indeed.

His lady friends are pretty cool too..... although I have to admit my 8 year-old was having meaningful conversatons with more 20-somethings....

Kids are a hoot.
            I got 4, 3 boys and a girl. 24, 17, 15 and 9...they are a blast. Watching them grow and evolve from stumbling little rug rats to full blown adult like beings...real conversations, real hopes and dreams....I didnt do much right in my life...lots of dumb decisions...but those 4...I see them and know I did something right....
            If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Yes you did, Joe. If the 17-year-old can get a stuffy and balloons from her Daddy - and in public no less - with happiness and grace - well, you and Mrs. Joe did SOMETHING right.

Enjoy them while you have them. Our 5 are scattered all over the USA doing that crazy thing called living. The youngest is pushing 40. We're in their hearts but they are busy raising families, having careers, and being grown-ups so they don't visit or call as much as we'd like. And while it isn't always easy we wouldn't have it any other way.

Dan

Comment

Joe you nailed it. Daughters know how to make old men feel like kids with just a smile. Mine will be 50 next year. Geez I can't belive I have a geezer for a daughter.

Comment

Mine just turned 16 last week. I have every little wingnut in this town cruising by real slow at my house in case she's out so they can stop and talk to her. Ugh.
                  Nitrous is like that hot chick with crabs. you want to hit it, you're just afraid of the consequences

Comment

OMG.... You guy's really make me feel old..... I have 2 boys... 32 & 29.... where did the time go.... I am lucky though.... they live near me.... Tim's divorced and to busy becoming a Police Officer and Jeremy's a store manager at AutoZone.... When they do come over, they get a big hug and kiss from me..... and a reminder that I would like some grand kids.....

Ed & Jane Tampa, FL
                    1966 Plymouth Fury III
                    2014 Dodge Ram 1500
                    Long Hauler - 2009,2010,2012,2013,2014
                    Cocoa Beach & Valdosta - 2011

Comment

We have 9 Grands if you add 'em all up - ages 3 to 22. Hard to keep up but they're doing well. Grands are the best - spoil them rotten and hand them back. My famous Grandkid quote (handing Sarah (now 22 but a few months at the time) back to her Mom, "Steph, this one's wet". Changing them doesn't have to be your job!

Dan

Comment

Grandkids keep us young, kids make us feel old...

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                          We have 9 Grands if you add 'em all up - ages 3 to 22. Hard to keep up but they're doing well. Grands are the best - spoil them rotten and hand them back. My famous Grandkid quote (handing Sarah (now 22 but a few months at the time) back to her Mom, "Steph, this one's wet". Changing them doesn't have to be your job!

Dan
                          Great thing about being a grandparent, you can have all the fun of parenthood, none of the problems. Undermining your kid's authority is a bonus.
                          BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X