People Are Fascinating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• People Are Fascinating

I picked up that saying from the instructor during my very favorite brain training class of all time: "People are fascinating."

If you can keep believing that, and keep it up front in your mind, it is so true. Good or bad. Even when folks do bad things, if you keep that in mind...why in the world did they think it was okay to do that? Fascinating.

There's a guy at work, he's bigger in the organization than me, I've been after him for weeks to do a simple thing that to me is very important to ME. It'll take 3 minutes to do it, but it's not important to HIM. I can't do it. He can.

But he won't do it. Instead, he'll stand there and talk for 10 minutes about how far behind he is, and what I'm needing is on his "list." He could have done what I need 3 times in the amount of time it took him to explain how far behind he is.

I don't understand that, but people are fascinating. They sure are. Everybody's different. I really like that guy, and enjoy working with him. But he does what he wants to do, at his own pace, eventually.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

I suppose his perceived value, by the company, is far more than his actual value if he does in fact work at his own pace with no apparent production expectations.?
    http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

Originally posted by 68scott385 View Post
      I suppose his perceived value, by the company, is far more than his actual value if he does in fact work at his own pace with no apparent production expectations.?
      Well, I like him, and I know who/what I'm dealing with. Welcome to Tennessee.

Comment

Is this a union shop?

Ed & Jane Tampa, FL
        1966 Plymouth Fury III
        2014 Dodge Ram 1500
        Long Hauler - 2009,2010,2012,2013,2014
        Cocoa Beach & Valdosta - 2011

Comment

Originally posted by 66Fury3 View Post
          Is this a union shop?
          Yeah, but he and I are salaried, not union. My ex-boss, when he was doing his entry interview with the mill manager, he asked, "So what's the probationary period for a salaried employee?" Manager said, "Your whole career is probationary."

Comment

SRDH principle. If you were higher in the org, he would have done it already.
            Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
              SRDH principle. If you were higher in the org, he would have done it already.
              Hmmmmm. I doubt it. I have my reasons to say I doubt it. Because people are fascinating. You won't find ice on the ground when it's 90 degrees.

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post
                Hmmmmm. I doubt it. I have my reasons to say I doubt it. Because people are fascinating. You won't find ice on the ground when it's 90 degrees.
                I don't think I've ever seen 90 degree ice... Had to.
                Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

The Peter principle applies:

People rise the level of their incompetence.
                  Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

THAT'S where I screwed up! I was trying to rise to the level of my incontinence. Oh, well......

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
                      I don't think I've ever seen 90 degree ice... Had to.
                      And you won't see him doing what I need. It's a security issue. Okay, we'll go another ten years like this (by then I'll be long more than through), and everything will be alright. And my concern will have been unwarranted anyhow. That's what's happening. I should not care that the building I'm in charge of has no protection because the alarm is broken.

Comment

Working...
                      X