X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pdub
    replied
    Classic thread. It started with a pseudo supposed bomber dreamed up by the cops. Only on BangShift.

Leave a comment:

• NewEnglandRaceFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Monk View Post
    Take the time to read my prior posts and you'll see I have somewhat of an understanding
    of your dilemma.
    I took the time, but I was reply'n to yours that you quoted mine.. it's all good.. but things have got to change, including the subject being tabo. and off limits everywhere.. cause frankly, that's how we ended up here.. can't be involved when you are told not to talk about it..
    Last edited by NewEnglandRaceFan; December 14, 2013, 09:49 PM.

Leave a comment:

• NewEnglandRaceFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
    Right.. Supposedly the reps and senators we elect are supposed to vote how we want them to..
    That s what Mr Monk is trying to point out..

so..NERF, our vote does count in he long run... Supposedly..

There has been mention of popular vote guy still losing the election
    only have to look as far as the ACA they where told by millions, we don't want it.. well. we got it.. but they well, passed a bill so they don't have to use it..

Leave a comment:

• pdub
    replied
    Classic thread. It started with a pseudo supposed bomber dreamed up by the cops. Only on BangShift.

Leave a comment:

• Deaf Bob
    replied
    Take the time to read my prior posts and you'll see I have somewhat of an understanding
    of your dilemma.
    Right.. Supposedly the reps and senators we elect are supposed to vote how we want them to..
    That s what Mr Monk is trying to point out..

so..NERF, our vote does count in he long run... Supposedly..

There has been mention of popular vote guy still losing the election

Leave a comment:

• Monk
    replied
    Originally posted by NewEnglandRaceFan View Post
    um, did I say that, but with them being able to count WE the PEOPLES votes and inform the local/state/fed governments of that number in hours, not some guy travel'n on a horse.. they don't need the ele. college.. and FACT they don't have to vote. what the people voted.. just because the people wanted say , Romney. there is nothing from the ele college vote to not be put in for the other guy.. and why they fight over SEATS in the 2 houses..
    my state is as blue as they come.. and until they trash the ele. college. my vote means zero.. yes I still go to the polls and vote. but I also know, it's not gonna mean spit.. and I'm sorry if you can't see that.

"blind leading the blind no one see's the seventh sign, ALL LEFT BEHIND"
    of your dilemma.

Leave a comment:

• NewEnglandRaceFan
    replied
    So......given your logic we should all just stay home and set on our hands during a presidential election?

Being a veteran who served to protect the right to vote.........I still choose to vote.
    um, did I say that, but with them being able to count WE the PEOPLES votes and inform the local/state/fed governments of that number in hours, not some guy travel'n on a horse.. they don't need the ele. college.. and FACT they don't have to vote. what the people voted.. just because the people wanted say , Romney. there is nothing from the ele college vote to not be put in for the other guy.. and why they fight over SEATS in the 2 houses..
    my state is as blue as they come.. and until they trash the ele. college. my vote means zero.. yes I still go to the polls and vote. but I also know, it's not gonna mean spit.. and I'm sorry if you can't see that.

"blind leading the blind no one see's the seventh sign, ALL LEFT BEHIND"
    Last edited by NewEnglandRaceFan; December 14, 2013, 09:24 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Monk
    replied
    Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
    that's exactly why the Electoral College should be abolished........as it is, the over-populated coastal states control the elections. I wrote a term paper in High School (1963) to that effect. popular vote should be the measure, but no luck in changing the system so far.....
    Agree........count the votes.........who has the most wins.

Leave a comment:

• oletrux4evr
    replied
    Originally posted by peewee View Post
    Thom, Thank you dearly for serving and protecting us Sir, and I mean that. Thank you. Dearly. Sincerely.

However, your vote for President doesn't count unless your candidate carries the state. That's why they campaign the way they do, avoid the desolate states.
    that's exactly why the Electoral College should be abolished........as it is, the over-populated coastal states control the elections. I wrote a term paper in High School (1963) to that effect. popular vote should be the measure, but no luck in changing the system so far.....

Leave a comment:

• Monk
    replied
    I understand the concept of the electoral college.
    You can win the popular vote and still lose......it's happened before.
    Sort of like the tail wagging the dog.

The same issues pops up in states as well.........ask Grumpy.......in Illinois it's Chicago that runs
    the rest of the state.
    That's where the population is..........and they're all a bunch of crooks.

Leave a comment:

• pdub
    replied
    Being a veteran who served to protect the right to vote.........I still choose to vote.
    Thom, Thank you dearly for serving and protecting us Sir, and I mean that. Thank you. Dearly. Sincerely.

However, your vote for President doesn't count unless your candidate carries the state. That's why they campaign the way they do, avoid the desolate states.

Leave a comment:

• Deaf Bob
    replied
    So......given your logic we should all just stay home and set on our hands during a presidential election?
    Nooo! The problem is those we elect, senators and reps, have THEIR OWN agendas and don't vote our way..
    The ones that get elected to Wash. are generally better than the ones who don't get sent east.. Neither will do what we want once there..
    Sorta the lesser of two evils sorta thing
    Keep voting boys and girls.. One day it will all work out..

Leave a comment:

• Deaf Bob
    replied
    I get some pretty cool anti-obammy emails from Pdub!

Leave a comment:

• Monk
    replied
    Originally posted by NewEnglandRaceFan View Post
    you keep believing that.. in that case why have the ele. college.. it's not still telegram tech

Last edited by Monk; December 14, 2013, 08:52 PM.

Leave a comment:

• pdub
    replied
    Originally posted by Grumpy View Post
    That's pretty amazing, I haven't found anybody that will even admit to voting for him once!
    Grump, Stude's off his meds again. He's a really nice and talented guy when he's on his meds. But he's on a tangent tonight, bear with him.

Did I say I voted for Obama? No, Stude did, in a lack-of-drugs induced state. We should be the media if we should get so many facts wrong.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X