Looking for BBC headers for 1976 Nova

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for BBC headers for 1976 Nova

A friend of mine bought a 502 for his 76 Nova. He is having a hard time finding headers that will fit. Lots of people tell him what SHOULD fit but not what WILL fit. All I can find for that exact application are Lemons headers and they blow the budget. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Did he try normal big block 70-81 Camaro headers? Is it possible he has the engine mounted incorrectly?
    My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Friend of mine put a 502 into his '69 Chevelle and Lemons was the only option for headers.

They might blow the budget but well worth the price.
      Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Originally posted by mc1984ss View Post
        A friend of mine bought a 502 for his 76 Nova. He is having a hard time finding headers that will fit. Lots of people tell him what SHOULD fit but not what WILL fit. All I can find for that exact application are Lemons headers and they blow the budget. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
        reasons headers don't fit.

bbc on sbc mounts
        2) heads with raised ports
        I have a set of hooker super comp coated headers 70-81 f body and nova and clones
        N.I.B.
        if that 502 is a tall deck block (truck block) they will not fit without adding the extra deck height to the header tubes.
        Last edited by NewEnglandRaceFan; December 14, 2013, 07:15 PM.

Comment

Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

502 is short deck block. If he has raised exhaust ports, that would be a problem.
            My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
              502 is short deck block. If he has raised exhaust ports, that would be a problem.
              if it's raised ports these should work.. per the hooker tech (take that for what it's worth) 68-72 a body/70-81 f body and nova .. and will trade.. for coated, sbc headers to fit a c-10(71) with vortecheads..iirc 1 5/8 tube should be the ones I'd need have to check..

bought for my bbc and hooker when they gave me the part # were told the heads where dart pro 1's and gave them the raised port amount..

I can get the part # in the am.. after I shovel out.. we getting 8-12"
              Last edited by NewEnglandRaceFan; December 14, 2013, 07:52 PM. Reason: like always speeling

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
                Did he try normal big block 70-81 Camaro headers? Is it possible he has the engine mounted incorrectly?
                X2. Shouldn't be much different.
                Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Anyone think of checking Summit, here are Headman BBC headers for a 1976 Nova with a 454, if the 502 has the same exhaust port spacing as a 454 then your good to go. And I'm sure $245 isn't breaking the bank.

The Green Machine.
                  http://s1.postimg.org/40t9i583j/mytruck.jpg

Comment

Working...
                  X