Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Doctor... Doctor; Doctor... Doctor; Doctor...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doctor... Doctor; Doctor... Doctor; Doctor...

The Air Force just released it's AAD/SPEED list this week. That's Advanced Academic Degree and Special Experience Exchange Duties, basically Air Force funded, and full time duty, masters and PhD spots. After 3 years of trying, I finally got into AFIT (Air Force Institute of Technology) Nuclear Engineering PhD program!! So stoked that I got in on my last shot. Hopefully being an "old head", relative terms here as I'm going to be an O-4 in a sea of AF O-2's and 3's, makes it easier to get through the whole thing in 3yrs.

I'll be PCSing this summer back to Dayton, OH and Wright-Patterson AFB. I spent my first tour there at the Air Force Research Lab litteraly across the street from AFIT. Will be nice to be back in the area though, no offense, Dayton itself is a hole. I know there are a few Bangshifters living there and a lot who head to Wilmington for the ECTA. I doubt I'll be racing or having much time for a serious car project but I'll make it a point to try to attend the ECTA event or maybe host a BBQ at my place 1 or more times during the 3yrs I'm there.

Till then I have till June to get my Riviera ready for the 25th Annual Riviera Owners Association meet here in C-Springs.
    Central TEXAS Sleeper
    USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

All I understood is congrats are in order...Sooo..
    CONGRATS!

Comment

WOW an 04 now. You're actually an officer. What an honoe the be selacted for a PHD program. Good luck. Thanks for your service.

Comment

Congrats man!!!!
        The Green Machine.
        http://s1.postimg.org/40t9i583j/mytruck.jpg

Comment

Way to go man! You gotta take the grins when you can gettum!
          Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Congrats, Maj.
            Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
            HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

c
              o
              n
              g
              r
              a
              t
              s

that typing was not supposed to happen. May nuclear expertise go further.
              Last edited by Barry Donovan; December 15, 2013, 04:22 PM.
              Previously boxer3main
              the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Salute!
                Congrats
                Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Congratulations, and thank you for your service.
                  Last edited by nesabo; December 15, 2013, 06:14 PM.
                  Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

Well done! Lot of work ahead I expect (and I'm not talking about the Riv)
                    Michael from Hampton Roads

Comment

Hang in there - I'm sure it'll be a TON of work! Maybe we will see you in Wilmington. I plan to be there under Diesel power.

Dan

Comment

Congratulations. That's quite an achievement in and of itself.

You might be able to catch an Engine Masters competition in Lima. October every year at UNOH.
                        I'm still learning

Comment

Deaf Bob and Dan Stokes have it all covered for me. Congrats
                          Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Way to go! I am impressed because my feeble mind would be lost in the most basic class. Congrats.
                            BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Congrats on your acceptance to the program and good luck
                              Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
                              The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

Working...
                              X