Go Karts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PatricksDad View Post
    I'm guessing these were the "gateway drugs" for a majority on here, esp. if you were born before 1975 or so.

Edit to add a Honda Mini-Trail 70 or 90 into the mix.
    Yep........and a Sears mo ped with a beer can acting as the muffler
    Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

the go-kart was a failed effort, although I did make sure my kid had one.

I spent a lot of time on one of these:

I had a thing for old Margay carts many years ago. I'm not sure why I never followed through.. have a couple of 80cc water cooled dirt bike motors around here that are screaming for an old kart frame.
        Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

I am wanting to build a couple this winter, between the Maverick, the Galia motorcycle, and moving snow, I should be able to fit a build in.

Comment

Originally posted by PatricksDad View Post
            I'm guessing these were the "gateway drugs" for a majority on here, esp. if you were born before 1975 or so.

Edit to add a Honda Mini-Trail 70 or 90 into the mix.
            more so than you know - my dad bought us a honda 50 then bought a parts bike. We shared the running bike fine, but I thought it'd be great if we both had bikes (I was 10) - so I commenced to work on the bike... and got it running. Granted, it was missing a few things, like rear brakes, a throttle (it did have a cable, though, so you could pull on the cable to go faster... which required taking your hand off the handlebars... I know, trifling details).... but who needs brakes or control, now we both had bikes to ride. My brother, showing immense wisdom for his age, demanded I ride the parts bike because I'd fixed it - so you can imagine who got the most scars from that deal.
            Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

I've been searching for a used minibike...as soon as the pop up for under 200 dollars they vanish just as quick. There is a restorer in the area and I think he buys up everything....I want one for my boy bad...but it dont look like thats gonna happen anytime soon
              If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

heres a cart my brother-in-law put together. he bought a cheap motor at harbor freight.

he made his own rims too, for some reason. i forget why?

Comment

I'm living proof, you're never too old to have a Happy childhood!
                  Attached Files
                  sigpic

Just an Old Drag Racer that still has dreams of going fast!

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpy View Post
                    Win!!!
                    Thom

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpy View Post
                      Those MF'ers aint cheap! there is a real nice one local the dude wants 1200 for....bit rich for my blood
                      If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY View Post
                        Those MF'ers aint cheap! there is a real nice one local the dude wants 1200 for....bit rich for my blood
                        I want one...........I'd look like a trained bear driving it but damn I'd like to own one
                        Thom

Comment

Originally posted by Monk View Post
                          I want one...........I'd look like a trained bear driving it but damn I'd like to own one
                          Son has his 50 from when he was growing up and a parts bike and 3 newer 50's.. Yes 5 bikes..
                          I have rode them when I was under 300#.. can sit with no rear brakes or shifting or stand with your ass in the air..
                          Fun! He put training wheels on 2 for his neices.. He has one 50 he put heavier shocks on and lift the bars up..
                          Every time one came up for sale, the good ones were snatched up or cost almost new.. He just bought new and saved himself the hassle of somebody's abuse..

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY View Post
                            I've owned the Gold one since new (1972) the Red one I bought out of Memphis 2 years ago for $500, I drove down and back the same day to pick it up.

When I was 14 Illinois passed a law that you could ride a scooter with no license required at age 14, a Buddy of mine and I pooled our paper route money and bought a used Cushman Eagle, Illinois repealed the law a month or two later!
                            Last edited by Grumpy; December 17, 2013, 05:46 PM.
                            sigpic

Just an Old Drag Racer that still has dreams of going fast!

Comment

Originally posted by Monk View Post

Comment

Working...
                              X