Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ladies posing with cars .. Can we if we don't get OVERBOARD ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ladies posing with cars .. Can we if we don't get OVERBOARD ?

Originally posted by JoeyG

That car is absolutely gorgeous! The nce hood ornamnet compliments it well. Is your Cougar a 30 car?
    Thanks for the props, PhotoShop does wonders. Car has lots of scratches and dings that don't show up in the photo (the distraction on the hood helps), but it is certainly a presentable driver. That photo was taken at the All-Ford Nats in Carlisle, PA, in 2006, about 7 hours from home for me ... and yes, I drove it there and back through some pretty crappy weather.

Not sure what a 30 car is? Did you mean 302, or 390 maybe? It's actually a very base model "C" code 289 2V /C4 trans. car that we swapped a Mustang 5.0 EFI system on to about 5 years ago. The 289 cacked a few years after that, so in went a $100 302 from a very rusty 74 Maverick that a friend parted out. I have another 302 to go in the car, just picked up a pair of Edelbrock heads and a Comp Thumpr cam for it, to be backed up by a T5 tranny. The hood scoop is from a 68 427 GT-E Cougar, the stripe on the hood is similar to what the 69s had.

Originally posted by Mr.WFO

is her name cougar?
    Actually her name is Rachel Bittner, she and two other models were there at Carlisle to pose for Eric with several Cougars in attendance. She was a real sweetheart, very careful getting on the car, and asking where she could and could not touch it. First words out of her mouth as she walked up to it ... "I love the colour!!" ... I fell in love right there. The lime frost green is definitely a hate it or love it colour. Many of the early Cougar owners affectionately refer to it as "slime frost green". Not my first choice, but that's what the car was made with, and I think it suits it ... very 60s colour for sure.

I'll stop babbling for now. :

cheers
    Ed N.
    Ed Nicholson - Caledon Ontario - a bit NW of Toronto
    07 Mustang GT with some stuff
    88 T-Bird Turbo Coupe 5-speed

Comment

Sorry I meant 390ci, just got in a hurry typing. I thoght the "E" or "Eliminator" cars didn't come out until 69? ???

Comment

Eliminators did come out in 69 and continued in 70, the 68 GT-E was a precursor to the Eliminators. First 380ish cars had "W" code 427/400 hp hydraulic cam 4V engines, auto. trans only, and the late 68 E cars had 428 CJs with Ram-Air, stick or auto. You could order the GT-E package on a standard or XR-7 car. All of the GT-E cars had unique side mouldings, and were silver on the bottom section, regardless of colour. Unique blacked-out headlight and taillight grilles, with a horizontal bar running across the front. Here's a scan from the 68 brochure, a 427 car. "Openings" in the hood scoop are fake, done in black paint. I was trying to break up the green on mine, so I had the paint guy do the stripe and entire scoop in satin black.

cheers
        Ed N.
        Ed Nicholson - Caledon Ontario - a bit NW of Toronto
        07 Mustang GT with some stuff
        88 T-Bird Turbo Coupe 5-speed

Comment

You realize its a real car-junkie website when a thread labled "Ladies posing with cars" turns into a discussion about the cars!

Comment

Mental note #118: Get wife to pose with the cars. Don't tell her what the picture is for... :
            Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

I just found this thread and had to look through 8 pages of pictures - what a chore. Maybe I'll do it again right after I post this. My new favorite thread. I think the first picture is still the best ...

Comment

;D Deeeeeeeeeeeeelightful.Keep `em coming.Hehehehe.
                Leo

Comment

damn dial up have to do it tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by Remy-Z
                    Mental note #118: Get wife to pose with the cars. Don't tell her what the picture is for... :
                    LOL! .... I like the way you think. ;D

Comment

I bet she finds out !!! :o

Comment

Originally posted by WhiteMonster
                        I bet she finds out !!! :o
                        I bet she agrees to it! ;D
                        Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by chucks73
                            How did you get ahold of my Picture?

Comment

Her butt is to small ;D Ma Ma got back...... ;D

Comment

Not a car but I couldn't resist.

Comment

Working...
                                X