Little Man is Gonna be STOKED on Christmas Morning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Little Man is Gonna be STOKED on Christmas Morning

My youngest, Jason has been lusting after a dirt bike for a long time. I cannot afford a real dirt bike but figured if I did some tight budgeting and shuffle some things around I could get him a mini-bike. I was able to secure a smoking deal on a new bike from pep-boys. With my military discount, the sale price and mail-in rebate I was able to get it for a hair over 300 bucks....thats 50 to 100 bucks cheaper than the used ones I have found on craigs-list (of the same make!)

anyway, here is the bike, I will post up a pick of his mile wide grin Christmas morning.

If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Jason is a mighty lucky little feller. I never had a motorized two wheeler until I was old enough to buy it myself, my folks were against that. Way to go Joe!
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Neat ..

Comment

Gonna be one happy lil fella!

Comment

wayyyyyy cool, like a BB gun only better
          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Win for the little guy!!
            Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

I wish I got a dirt bike when I was a kid. Good on you for working hard to get that present for him.
              Last edited by Scott Liggett; December 19, 2013, 06:53 PM.
              BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

He's gonna put his eye out! Why was it always an eye? Why not "You won't be able to reproduce"? I always figured one eye was an OK price to pay (Dad only had one eye that worked and it didn't seem to slow him down much).

But more importantly - you guys have a ball with that thing, which I'm sure you will. Get him a decent helmet - I'd send him one of mine but I don't think it would fit very well. (Damn, now I sound like the Grandpa that I am).

Dan

Comment

that is very cool. I had a paper route that climbed a hill called waltham st. in woburn mass (incredible)

I was dreaming of mini bikes into the 7th grade.
                  Previously boxer3main
                  the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

That's great, Joe! Fun times ahead for sure.
                    -dulcich

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                      He's gonna put his eye out! Why was it always an eye? Why not "You won't be able to reproduce"? I always figured one eye was an OK price to pay (Dad only had one eye that worked and it didn't seem to slow him down much).

But more importantly - you guys have a ball with that thing, which I'm sure you will. Get him a decent helmet - I'd send him one of mine but I don't think it would fit very well. (Damn, now I sound like the Grandpa that I am).

Dan
                      That made me laugh so hard he came running to see whats so funny. Had to hide my phone.

I always wanted a mini bike like this when I was a kid. I worked to earn money but was never allowed to have one. When I mentioned dad had one I'd get my ass whooped for talking back. Ah, memories...but I digress. I am so excited for him. He has been asking for a dirtbike since he was 5. This years letter to santa said I only want a dirtbike. I was trying to find a used one but the prices just didnt make sense. I may have to test ride it when I get it tomorrow....just to be sure it works.
                      If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post

Dan

My buddy Dan has a big pic of his dad pulling a monster wheelie on the dunes... He had one leg..
                        Last edited by Deaf Bob; December 19, 2013, 10:38 PM.

Comment

Now you need something for you to ride so you can ride TOGETHER!

Comment

The engine is a 2.8hp/97cc unit....

I am already plotting for next christmas....

6.5hp/212cc

Harbor Freight buys their top quality tools from the same factories that supply our competitors. We cut out the middleman and pass the savings to you!

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY View Post
                              The engine is a 2.8hp/97cc unit....

I am already plotting for next christmas....

6.5hp/212cc

Harbor Freight buys their top quality tools from the same factories that supply our competitors. We cut out the middleman and pass the savings to you!
                              WOW, so that'll fit on there?
                              Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Working...
                              X