Anyone Using Dynamat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone Using Dynamat?

Anyone here using Dynamat heat/sound insulation, or have any experience installing their product?
    Good results?
    I'm thinking of using it in the Camaro. I remember wanting hearing protection during long drives from all the exhaust resonance.

Re: Anyone Using Dynamat?

I've used it in the past. It does what it says, but it's heavy.

Comment

There are other brands to consider that are not only supposedly better, but also lighter if you are concerned about weight...

Check these out:

FatMat

Brown Bread

GO on ebay and type in "dynamat" and alternatives will appear....then research via google...

Comment

Thanks.. ;)
        It's the August issue of HotRod (P106) that got me thinking about it.. They have products from Hushmat that I will also consider.

I guess the weight is a concern, but I am willing to add a few lbs for a quieter ride. I mean, I am adding A/C as well, so I can't be that worried about weight.
        12:1 c/r 454 w/3" twin exhaust, straight through mufflers and a solid engine mount.. It is pretty noisey.
        I love the noise actually, but after some hours on the road, it is very tiring.

Comment

Hushmat isnt too bad, I helped install some in a Caddy a while ago, not too heavy and doest what it is supposed to...less expensive too if I remember right

off topic........Any new pics of the progress on the camaro Steve?...aint seen any pics since Keith posted some from his visit.....

Comment

Yes Joe.. I'll click away when the sun comes up! :-*

Comment

Just putting my car together so I can not give you any review on the result, but the install of ‘Hushmat’ is a snap. As a matter of fact I will be installing a bunch in a few minutes.
              BTW, the "Summit" brand sound deadener is actually Hushmat brand.

Comment

I have Dynamat in both cars. In the Monte, I built a "firewall" from a sheet of aluminum between the back seat and the trunk so that there would be something to fasten it to. It made a noticeable difference in the overall noise level-- less of the tincan effect.

In the Malibu, I did the same thing, but also did the whole floor and the doors. Before the car was gone over (big holes in the floor and trunk wheel wells), you had to shout to talk to the passenger. Now it is possible to talk normally. Still kinda loud at speed, but its mostly wind noise.
                The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

Should I feel cheap by having used regular mousepads under the carpeting on all the floorpanels in my '65 Chrysler convertible...? ??? :D
                  www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlockMopar
                    Should I feel cheap by having used regular mousepads under the carpeting on all the floorpanels in my '65 Chrysler convertible...? ??? :D
                    Yes you should, and thanks for the idea 8).
                    "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

Mouse pads ? Are you talking about those things that go under a old computer mouse? If so how many did it take?

Comment

Yes, mouse pads. Why, does that sound strange or something? : ;D
                        I can't remember how many it took but I would estimate around 30 to 40 orso for my car.
                        Wouldn't be hard to calculate how many one would need for their car if you know the surface-area of your car's floor.
                        www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

Yes, mouse pads. Why, does that sound strange or something? : ;D
                          I can't remember how many it took but I would estimate around 30 to 40 orso for my car.
                          Wouldn't be hard to calculate how many one would need for their car if you know the surface-area of your car's floor.
                          hope they were free. that could get pricey!

Comment

I used Fatmat from e-pay in my hotrod. Did 2 layers worth at a weight of 40lbs. Still kinda loud with the 4" bullets going down the highway.
                            By the way I can tell you the manufacturers are using it in the doors to give them a more "solid" sound when you shut them.

Comment

Has anyone used Second Skin's Damplifier Pro? http://www.secondskinaudio.com/

It's the one that is favored in this "showdown".

Cheaper than Dynamat and apparently better.

Comment

Working...
                              X