Anyone Using Dynamat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Anyone Using Dynamat?

I have installed RAMMAT in the El camino. I is heavy, but I want it quiet inside.

I called the guy who sells it (think his name is Rick) he is very knowledgeable, a real car guy and audiophile. He was honest and REAL about price, expectations and technique for installation. His customer service was what really sold me.

It isn't cheap, but it is less expensive than Dynamat.

Comment

Re: Anyone Using Dynamat?

My situation is kind of unique. My daily driver is a '62 Suburban, and it currently has ZERO sound deadener, carpet, headliner, or anything cloth anywhere in the interior but the seat covers. The cargo floor is the factory rubber coating on the plywood base.

The roof skin is 10 feet long, plus the area over the driver's seat. The cross bows are stamped metal braces, screwed in to the sides of the window frames, with the roof skin set on top, with a layer of seam sealer between them. By now, the sealer has shrunk, and the roof skin is just above the braces, not touching.

So, my truck has 10 feet of sheetmetal over the cargo body of the truck, with no support. EVERY single bump or ripple in the road, and it would make that noise a big hand saw makes when you shake it. The entire roof made a big oil canning sound. It was loud.

I covered about 95-percent of the ceiling with dynamat, and it got rid of the oil canning completely. I wasn't totally anal about it like you always see in the magazine installations, where they cover every single square inch. I covered most of it, but it wasn't edge-to-edge/seam-to-seam.

For my application, I was VERY happy. I'll also put it in the doors.

-Brad

Comment

Working...
      X