Roadkill Number 23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roadkill Number 23

Roadkill number 23, I was expecting the road trip home of the Camaro but no.

We get this, six months in the making, 40 minutes long...

Tim
    Melbourne Australia

65 Hardtop Impala, 70 GTS Monaro, 93 "80" Landcruiser

at 25:30 or so..
    if they put that in a picture I'd buy it.(pushing the fury)
    great show as usual.
    Last edited by Barry Donovan; December 20, 2013, 07:42 PM.
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Really like this episode. I would like to see some kind of follow up episode with them giving it some more power. Wouldn't want to see any numbers about what it produced because thats not what this car is about. This is about maximum fun. It's about the attitude. Dig this one. Just wrenching for the fun.
      Bakersfield, CA.

Comment

i have this idea on how I want to put together my S10, then I see this video and all that just went out the window
        Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

So now I'm rethinking the restoration of my 69 GTO?

Comment

My house!
            Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

I have seen that car in person. In the before state. This was one car I was sure would never see the road in his possession. Good on David to prove me wrong.
              BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

loved this episode! I was waiting for one of them to make a breaking bad reference in the motorhome, especially with the smell.

Did he ever sell that suburban?
                Local person
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RustyRodder View Post
                  loved this episode! I was waiting for one of them to make a breaking bad reference in the motorhome, especially with the smell.

Did he ever sell that suburban?
                  Which one. I saw the red '72 in video. They are really hard to unload in LA thanks to the gas prices.
                  BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

1800 CARS FOR KIDS

sells chargers now ?

Comment

Great episode! 3 days.......right.
                      Last edited by oletrux4evr; December 21, 2013, 05:39 PM.
                      Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                      HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
                        Great episode! 3 days.......right.
                        Exactly! I said "Three days" to M cuz she was watching with me, she says "Six Months" all matter of fact like and then laughed at it later and gave me that girl smirk.
                        Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
                          Which one. I saw the red '72 in video. They are really hard to unload in LA thanks to the gas prices.
                          I think thats it- the one thats been on Ebay a bunch of times.
                          Local person
                          sigpic

Comment

that mesh custom grill makes the car with the spot light head lights

i also love how the spray bomb engine painting made the engine look worse then when it was just cleaned LOL
                            Last edited by Mater; December 22, 2013, 04:01 AM.
                            Originally posted by Remy-Z;n1167534
                            Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

This episode reminded me of an article I read in a car mag back in 1980 or so where a mag took a 1957 Chevy and turned it into a hot rod. They bought a wrecked 1970 Camaro and transplanted the engine/ transmission combo into the 1957. By selling the extra parts they were able to buy headers, intake, etc.- the normal things a guy would add when hot rodding a car. That article inspired me on my quest to be a hot rodder.

In a world of Riddler winners, 1000 HP engines, and professional shops that are constantly raising the bar in fabrication and car finish quality, it is awesome to see someone like Frieburger going to the grass roots, entry level of hot rodding to build a car.
                              Why think when you can be doing something fruitful?

Comment

Working...
                              X