Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We Got Some Chain Link Fence for Christmas -Installed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We Got Some Chain Link Fence for Christmas -Installed!

Was leaving the house this morning, going to the big store to get us some food and lots off beer....if we go "without" for the next couple days it's our own fault.

The neighbor on the garage door side of the driveway...those of y'all who were here for the BS gathering at our house this summer, y'all got to meet him.....no, y'all got to hear his voice, or maybe see his outline in the dark. He came over to say hey almost and then ran back in the house. Like the neighbor on Tool Time, you never really see him, even when you see him.

Well, they got a dog for Christmas, a boxer-bulldog looking puppy, saw the famous wife playing with it in the front yard a couple days ago, the first time I'd seen her, she's hidden too.

So they fenced in their back yard, guys hammering on poles this morning at 8:30.

I was backing Red out of the garage, and Neighbor was standing there, like waiting for the bus. Vroom! Vroom! He obviously wanted to talk to me.

He stuck his head in Red's window and said the fence guy had to put about 20 feet of chain link on our property, about 10 feet onto our property, because of where a tree was.

I said, "I don't care." I hadn't even seen it. He said, "Just don't want you to sue me over it or anything, that's YOUR fence now. I'll never take care of it anyhow."

I said, "Okay." He said, "Merry Christmas Buddy," even though we'll never be buddies, he won't allow it himself. But he always calls me Buddy because he can't remember my name.

VROOM! Off to the store, add fence to our list of possessions!
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

That must be a big tree. Ten feet onto your property? Why not go around on his side?

Comment

Originally posted by phitter67 View Post
      That must be a big tree. Ten feet onto your property? Why not go around on his side?
      Maybe I'll take a photo of it in daylight for better description. Yeah, the fence guy did what he had to do. And Neighbor...that was a conversation...well, we speak every two years whether we need to or not, and I didn't do a good job of making that funny either, but it sure was. It was to me, a good fun chunk of Christmas Eve! HAhHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!

Comment

But he always calls me Buddy because he can't remember my name.

That explains why he was calling Buddy 'PeeWee' at your party last June..........
        Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
        HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
          but he always calls me buddy because he can't remember my name.

that explains why he was calling buddy 'peewee' at your party last june..........
          hahhahahahahahahahahahh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

So? Do you losethe use of 10 feet of your property?

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
              Heck no, we got 20 feet of chain link fence that we can stick plastic cups in and spell out - "Weeville Rocks" but nobody will see it but us because it's behind the house and the neighbors never go out outside or look out.

Comment

I think I'd make him move the fence or buy the property . I can't believe it doesn't bother you. I can't believe the fence guy came up with it. I think I'd sue him too if he didn't move it.
                Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

I'm gonna wait for pics..
                  Me? Make him go around on his side!

Comment

yes he does.. in time..

Comment

Originally posted by NewEnglandRaceFan View Post
                      yes he does.. in time..
                      The guy has to pay the property tax on it too down here. Seven years.
                      Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

I'm gonna wait for pics..
                        Me? Make him go around on his side!
                        My camera battery's frozen and dead, it was in Bubba's glovebox. It's charging, pic on the way soon.

It looks different in the daylight. It's more like 12 feet of fence and more like 8 feet onto our lot.

Guys, our fence is inside our lot line, by local regs. If I was gonna technically finish cutting our grass I'd have to fire up the push mower and run it one pass down the other side of the fence in "his" yard. I'm never gonna do that, and he hires a guy to cut his and he runs the big machine down the fence line. Good riddance.

Relax.

Comment

Redneck engineering. We can look out the kitchen window and laugh at this for years.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Fence.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	125.6 KB
ID:	874195

Welcome to Tennessee. Like Dan B said above, it's hard to imagine a "reputable" fence guy doing this, they wouldn't.

It occurs to me now, I came around the curve and Neighbor had a huge pile of brush by the street. I wondered for a few seconds where the heck did THAT pile of crap come from? But I didn't dwell on it or go looking. Well, it came off of our property! HAHAhAHAHAH!!!! Why didn't they clear MORE?

Here's Ken's reaction when I told him about it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Astonished.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	127.9 KB
ID:	874196

Comment

I've said my piece and my mind hadn't changed. If you don't care, I'll say no more . No point in trying to start a needless fight.
                            Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by HoosierL98GTA View Post
                              I've said my piece and my mind hadn't changed. If you don't care, I'll say no more . No point in trying to start a needless fight.
                              The north end of that little fence is on the back neighbors' property too. There's a buffer zone between the lots back-to-back that nobody owns. And that's where the trees and jungle is, behind our fence.

When we got here we studied that - let's cut down every tree than can ever fall on the house (life experience from Hurricane Hugo). But it's limbo, the dirt those trees are rooted in.

A mess back there, I trim the limbs when they get low enough to whack me in the face when I'm racing Junior the Mower around cutting the grass.

Yes, that fence is wrong in principle, the stuff lawyers chase after and get rich from, but I honestly really don't care. We've got some new scenery and we own it! HAHAHAHAAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X