Who Loves "A Christmas story" movie?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who Loves "A Christmas story" movie?

I love this movie ! For the time it was made it is so accurate as far as the setting and the stuff in the house,you never see a late model car or something in the houses/ school even the buildings and clothes or department store. They did a great job with it.

The marathon started last night and will continue today..........I got a Red Ryder air rifle
    but it was in the summer for my birthday.

The scene with the snow suite brings back memories.
    Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Seen it a zillion times. The house is up here in the Tremont district of Cleveland. It was restored years ago and is now a museum. The locals hate it because visitors park them in, and use all the available parking spots on the street. Plus Tremont is a fairly shitty neighborhood. Enjoy!

Edit: had to add a pic of the house

The house: http://www.achristmasstoryhouse.com/

Leg lamps: http://www.redriderleglamps.com/

Last edited by tardis454; December 25, 2013, 06:47 AM.

Comment

It was one of those rare movies that triggers memories of our childhood and Christmas. Even though the movie takes place 30 years before my time, I can relate to almost all of it. Instead of listening to Orphan Annnie on the radio, we watched Looney Tunes and Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer. It has stood the test of time too.
        BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

The furnace brings back memories......it was our job to make sure the hopper was full of coal and
          we had to take the clinkers our of the furnace.
          We had a coal bin in the basement.

If the hopper ran out of coal........the smoke would back up into the house.

The trash man would pick up the clinkers once a week.
          Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

I like it. I got a Daisy b.b. gun for Christmas when I was 12 I didn't even ask for it. Got a 22 at 16. I was quite surprised both times.
            Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Great movie indeed.
              HRPT LH- 09,10,11,12
              DW- 12,16,17
              "Stay thirsty my friends"
              The worlds most interesting man

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
                It was one of those rare movies that triggers memories of our childhood and Christmas. Even though the movie takes place 30 years before my time, I can relate to almost all of it. Instead of listening to Orphan Annnie on the radio, we watched Looney Tunes and Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer. It has stood the test of time too.
                My thoughts exactly.
                If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Don't forget the Car guys angle. Jean Shepard the writer and narrator was also a writer and columnist for "Car And Driver" Magazine in the 70s. His stuff in there was HILARIOUS!

Between him and Brock Yates C&D was the best pure read of all car mags even if they did wear those tweed jackets and hats with the snaps on the front. Cemented in my magazine addiction and taught me to read them from cover to cover. Something that served me well when I entered puberty and read that fine British literary and photography gazette Penthouse.
                  Last edited by RockJustRock; December 25, 2013, 09:09 PM.
                  My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Addendum: Shep also dabbled in race announcing (see Bob Brown post).

And inspired Jerry Seinfeld and I'd have to guess Jay Leno.
                    New York Magazine energizes people around shared interests, igniting important conversations on the news, politics, style, and culture that drive the world forward.

Shep C&D archive:
                    Last edited by RockJustRock; December 25, 2013, 06:21 PM.
                    My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

The part where the Olds and the furnace freezes up,and when the hounds steal the Christmas dinner make me roll on the floor every year.
                      sigpic

Allen Karber

Arkadelphia,Arkansas

Comment

Had it on all day yesterday, but my favorite is "It's a Wonderful Life"
                        Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
                        The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

Working...
                        X