Kyle Bush wins again???.....ugh!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Kyle Bush wins again???.....ugh!!!

At Daytona 24 Hour a couple years ago, there were several Cup drivers and open wheel drivers. They all seemed to hang around the pits during practice and do what they could. Rusty Wallace and Danica Patrick were in the pit next to us practicing driver changes. Everyone seemed interested in winning and they all seemed friendly. Except for one...Kurt Bush. He always seemed to be off on his own.
    Cognizant Dissident

Comment

As I have met and spent time with many celebrities over the years and have found many of them are quite different than what is presented in the media; I try to save my opinion of someone until I have actually met them.

I have never met Kyle or Kurt Busch; but I have spent time driving Michael Waltrip, Ryan Newman and Dale Jr. All of them were very friendly and I get along with everyone quite well. Ryan is a gearhead and told me all about his collection of hot rods. He even talked about how to get four wheel drum brakes to work well. Michael was pretty cool, but had a bad habit of singing. He cannot sing at all. Not fun being in the same car with someone who can't carry a tune to save his life. Thank God he has a day job.

Dale is kinda quiet until he is comfortable with you. I didn't really talk about racing with him. It's something I've learned about dealing with celebrities. If you want them to open up, don't keep asking them about their jobs. He really wants people to treat him as Dale, the guy who likes cars; not Dale Earnhardt Jr the race car driver and son of a legend. He is happiest when he is not recognized. He asked if I would watch the Daytona 500. I said I would watch and I would cheer for him. I made a joke saying he had better win if I was going to add another '8' to my tattoo.
      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Hey ray,what'd your prblem?DNQ?Every race has a winner and some losers.Get a hobby.Paint drying comes to mind
        when Jeff Gordon won a lot, I questioned that.... I feel Im fair about any sport, as long as the sport is fair.
        for only one car to speed ahead of all the others, in the straight ways, is definitely questionable, even when going against guys like Jeff Gordon, Dale Jr., and any seniors on Nascar.

My hobby is motorized vehicles of any kind and the people behind them...

What is
        What'd
        and what is paint drying?? Is it a contest between artists in a museum? lol

Comment

Originally posted by dagenesta
          Originally posted by AllenK
          I know nobody on here cares,but dirt late models are so much cooler than NASCAR.
          Late models are cool. I helped for a while on a Modified team, we always had a good time with those. Now I help the same guys with a URC Sprint car, that is pretty wild. 1400 lbs, 650-700 hp, sideways at 140 mph. Going to Big Diamond this Friday night, then Selinsgrove, PA Saturday night.

For me, the only fun part of racing is the wrenching. I couldn't own a team, or drive. Both would piss me off to the point it would not be fun anymore. Watching from the stands is boring. But spinning wrenches is quite fun.
          Amen! I love to watch the races,but it's fun to be able to say you had a part in helping someone win. I've heard about the legendary PA tracks and the "Posse"! 1/2 mile tracks are novelties down here,but they seem to be the norm in PA.

As far as NASCAR and dirt track racing being "redneck",well that might be somewhat true. That's far from a blanket statement. My cousin runs a dirt modified,and everyone of us has a college degree or is in college. A couple of us are even Certified Public Accountants. We all have redneck "tendencies" though.

Comment

LOL you can't educate the redneck out of anybody.
            The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan
              was not setting the world on fire at hendricks
              they don't like bad attitudes over there
              I predict that Dale Jr will be this years champion
              Indeed they don't like bad attitudes at Hendricks..... I took this foto when I was at their shop last summer. Follow this recipie and yur gonna produce winners.
              Ed

Comment

He should add, Paying Bill Clinton for a Pardon, to stay out of Jail. I wonder why Nascar does not fine him for "Actions detrimental to the Sport"
                2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
                First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
                2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
                2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Originally posted by JeffMcKC
                  He should add, Paying Bill Clinton for a Pardon, to stay out of Jail. I wonder why Nascar does not fine him for "Actions detrimental to the Sport"
                  Yup! I hate that Mark Martin will be driving for that clown next year even though he will probably do well.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffMcKC
                    being a good businessman gets you thrown in jail in the impeached president clinton years
                    selling all those hondas got tim richmond a dominating racecar

Comment

You should dig up the photo of the first Winston Race and look behind Neil Bonnets ear at Tim, Its a wonder more people have not seen it, I wont give it away but start looking ;D
                      2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
                      First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
                      2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
                      2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Working...
                      X