Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
    You hope! ....
    I'm making it official by end of January.......this is my last year on the road.
    40+ years is enough and I hate fighting driving in the winter......company cars have gotten
    much better but I'm done.
    50,000 miles of driving a year.......I've been real lucky.
    Last edited by Monk; January 4, 2014, 07:19 AM.
    Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Not 72 here eitherClick image for larger version

Name:	Photo200.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	17.0 KB
ID:	875244Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo201.jpg
Size:	45.7 KB
ID:	875245

Comment

I lived in snow country for the last 23 years in so. cal. At 7000 feet, winters can be hell where ever you are. Got tired of it so I have moved to Lake Havasu City, Az. It has been 70 plus degrees this week and I'm loving it! No more snow for me!!!
        Life is too short to drive boring cars!

Comment

Originally posted by bearphoto View Post
          I lived in snow country for the last 23 years in so. cal. At 7000 feet, winters can be hell where ever you are. Got tired of it so I have moved to Lake Havasu City, Az. It has been 70 plus degrees this week and I'm loving it! No more snow for me!!!
          Good for you
          Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

It's looking like tomorrow is the day to wash the cars and run around outside with no shirt on. Dadgum global warming.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Weather.jpg
Size:	29.5 KB
ID:	875248
            Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post
              It's looking like tomorrow is the day to wash the cars and run around outside with no shirt on. Dadgum global warming.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27885[/ATTACH]
              At least you'll have a temperature Monday.
              http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

Originally posted by 68scott385 View Post
                At least you'll have a temperature Monday.
                They're saying this cold blast will be epic, that if you're under 40 years old, you've never experienced cold like this (nationwide).

Being from the South, I don't know cold. I got sent to New Brunswick in a February. It was amazing... 4 degrees F feels a whole lot warmer than minus 4. It does. "Warmer." Amazing.

Comment

55 in Denver CO yesterday. 3 inches of snow on the ground today.
                  Got to love Denver.

Nick
                  Last edited by nickleone; January 4, 2014, 10:21 AM.

Comment

We've had a stretch with the temp hovering a bit below 0 F the last week or so, after the ice storm that had come through and made a mess of things. Today is glorious in comparison, bright and sunny, low 30s. Was finally able to run my DD through a car wash without worrying about it freezing up right away!

cheers
                    Ed
                    Ed Nicholson - Caledon Ontario - a bit NW of Toronto
                    07 Mustang GT with some stuff
                    88 T-Bird Turbo Coupe 5-speed

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post
                      They're saying this cold blast will be epic, that if you're under 40 years old, you've never experienced cold like this (nationwide).

Being from the South, I don't know cold. I got sent to New Brunswick in a February. It was amazing... 4 degrees F feels a whole lot warmer than minus 4. It does. "Warmer." Amazing.
                      I'm not under 40 but that doesn't mean I remember temperatures like this. Sure it's been this cold once or twice over the years but for it to be below freezing for an extended time is not something I remember. The talking weather-heads are saying these temps are something we haven't seen here in 20 to 25 years.

I remember it snowed in SW Texas (Permian Basin) in 1977. Being from KY it didn't bother me, everybody else freaked out because most had never seen snow before. If I'd been more than 9 I might have understood.
                      http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

The Green Bay-San Fran game tomorrow should prove interesting speaking of weather.
                        Temps are supposed to be below zero game time and second coldest NFL game in history.
                        Thom

Comment

Originally posted by Monk View Post
                          The Green Bay-San Fran game tomorrow should prove interesting speaking of weather.
                          Temps are supposed to be below zero game time and second coldest NFL game in history.

Comment

Not quite done with my 16 mile move. Hope to get done tomorrow before the snow starts dropping. Cold I can dress for, the wides truck's electronic shifted transfer case won't engage and my youngest daughter has the bravada awd on extended loan. Should be a lot of fun Monday.
                            Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

I was home on leave and watched that game on tv....still remember it today.
                              Thom

Comment

Originally posted by Monk View Post
                                I was home on leave and watched that game on tv....still remember it today.
                                I didn't know or remember until watching that video, the field was supposed to be heated. But that froze, too.

Comment

Working...
                                X