No announcement yet.

Weather

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

66 Here today with a cool breeze. It was beautiful yesterday, no wind and about 68. Last night was a bit cold, in the 30's. Looks like it is going to dip below freezing tonight and tomorrow from what I saw.

You guys can keep your winter wondeland to yourselves...We're just fine without it...
    If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

peaked out at 51F, all day.
      did some epoxy related chore.
      just two days ago was -19F.

this polar vortex stuff is every year in my locale.

2009 still has the record, the events now is nothing in comparison..
      -22F to 55F, less than 48 hours. Cracked some steel in my subaru.

it is fun to giggle at being warmer than all of texas, new mexico, louisiana, alabama and parts of florida.

it is all short lived, I go back to the silent sasquatch of zero F for weeks on end...only to giggle at how pansy everything is.

I hope you enjoy this cold, may it set standards shewing the scrawny monkeys owning the world...
      Last edited by Barry Donovan; January 6, 2014, 03:54 PM.
      Previously boxer3main
      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by 1badmonkey View Post
        this crap sucks, the oil burner in my shop is fighting me right now, and I have ice in both the restrooms at my shop.
        Hang in there! Just one more morning of these temps in this particular system(we hope)...25-30 MPH headwinds with -9 F actual temperature for the half mile walk out of the plant this afternoon... talk about a "brain freeze headache!
        Patrick & Tammy
        - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
          100% WOOL socks.. Double up if you have to.. Screw COTTON!
          Used to wear 2 pairs in winter with my steel toed boots in the shop..
          Also, grease your boots with Hubberds or Baileys .. Comes in a small paint can looking thing, warm the grease to paint it on your dry boots.. Waterproof is also windproof, thus warmer.. Tried several coats of the grease.. Makes cheap boots disfigure and swell.. Paint the seams, tongue and bottom where it meets the sole.. Let dry then another coat all over.. Resist temptation to keep painting till it no longer absorbs.. Remember to not wear in your carpeted house/car.. Stains!
          I actually made it pretty well today,but I was able to be pretty close to a heater for most of the day. They make me itch,but I did put on some SmartWool socks along with another pair of socks. My feet got cold about 9 this morning. The temp was a little warmer,but I guess it was just from being in the cold for four hours. Never heard of the Hubberds or Bailey's stuff! I will have to check that out!

It was 15 on the bank clock at 4:45 this morning with the wind howling. I took a heat gun outside at 4 today,and the ground temp was in the single digits. It showed -21 on a piece of sheet metal. It's supposed to be a lot colder tomorrow too.
          sigpic

Allen Karber

Arkadelphia,Arkansas

Comment

-18 without wind chill this morning. My Siberian Husky doesnt want to be outside, the lab doesn't want to go out.

Comment

Dang, Todd! When a Husky doesn't want to go out it's COLD!!!!! We're a bit colder here than earlier predictions. We're not expected to get above freezing today, which hasn't happened in several years. It'll be about 40ish at the beaches as the water is warmer and keeps the temps up a bit. But the end of the week it'll be in the high 60s - not too bad in my book. Today is a great day to hibernate.

Dan

Comment

-7 here this morning..........snow just crunches under your feet and your
                nose hairs freeze in seconds.

Forecast is for 40's by Friday.........and get this.........rain
                Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

wow,...32f here in florida this morning! supposed to be 80f on friday. i dont know how you guys deal with the extreme cold? i dont even want to go outside. it would be interesting to see it snow here for a day. havent seen that white stuff in 22 years!

Comment

Currently -7 here. was -9 when i woke up at 7:30. Glad I work from home.
                    Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

Yesterday driving by the local bank at 07:45, it said -15. Today, a balmy 24*. Looks like the frigid air is moving east. YAY!! Still jumpstarted the Impala this morning. Just in case. I think I need recheck my battery cables and alternator wiring. Don't think it's getting full charge. The cold weather isn't helping the situation.
                      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

-10 overnight here - woke up to the smoke detector going off, smoke was pouring into the house around the wood stove.... WTF?

The temperature combined with the wind were so extreme - the chimney cap screen plugged with ice! Nothing like going out on a snowy roof with a ladder in your pjs, work boots, and carhart coat - a few well laid smacks busted up the ice and smoke started flowing out - then opened doors and windows to air the house out - which dropped the inside temperature to the 30's astonishingly quickly - smoke is gone but odor remains - going to look into renting one of those ozone generators to get the smell out.

Note to self - run the stove at higher temps when it's really cold out, and check that chimney cap screen occasionally.
                        think about how cold it has to be in order to freeze a chimney top with a wood stove burning less than 25 feet below it!
                        There's always something new to learn.

Comment

brutal stuff....
                          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

It warmed up to -4 and supposed to be 30 later this week. T shirt weather is anything over 25 here.

Comment

Originally posted by milner351 View Post
                              -10 overnight here - woke up to the smoke detector going off, smoke was pouring into the house around the wood stove.... WTF?

The temperature combined with the wind were so extreme - the chimney cap screen plugged with ice! Nothing like going out on a snowy roof with a ladder in your pjs, work boots, and carhart coat - a few well laid smacks busted up the ice and smoke started flowing out - then opened doors and windows to air the house out - which dropped the inside temperature to the 30's astonishingly quickly - smoke is gone but odor remains - going to look into renting one of those ozone generators to get the smell out.

Note to self - run the stove at higher temps when it's really cold out, and check that chimney cap screen occasionally.
                              think about how cold it has to be in order to freeze a chimney top with a wood stove burning less than 25 feet below it!

I believe I remember reading a Jack London story that covers your exact escapades.........minus the PJs........

Our youngest dog died - hit all of us hard - worst thing is, my backhoe won't even touch this frozen ground. Double suckage.
                              Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Oh no! The newest pooch in the household? so very sorry to hear. I'm sure the boys are beside themselves. Tough stuff.
                                There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Working...
                                X