Weather

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
    I was in Providence, RI today. After all the hullabaloo from the media for the past several days warning about the Polar Vortex and the dire possibilities, imagine my surprise to see they don't have any snow at all. A few small piles from earlier storms, but nothing compared to what the midwest got earlier this week. Hype.........
    One of my old stomping grounds in the late '60's..........I was stationed near by in Davisville, RI
    Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

• We have some freezing rain going on here tonight. I'm off for the week,but no sleeping in for me. I'm going to take my wife to work tomorrow. I don't think the G8 will go on the ice very well! She doesn't want to mess her baby up,and I don't want to either.

Our HHR is the inclement weather vehicle!
      sigpic

Allen Karber

Arkadelphia,Arkansas

Comment

• Got up this morning to another inch or two on the ground.......going to warm up
        this afternoon in time for some freezing rain.
        Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

• Kids are finally going back to school. 19 day winter break, was suppose to be 16.
          Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

• It got down to lows around 30 and high Tuesday was 45 here in central FL - and looking at people's facebook posts, you'd think... well, knowing what the rest of the country is going through, I just shook my head at them.

On a side note, I should try to take some pictures some time when the temps get in the 40's down here, just so the rest of you can laugh at how we Floridians dress for such ]i]arctic[/i] conditions.

Comment

• we sneeze, you folks get the flu. We had the cold temps that you just had, next up is a lot warmer and a lot of rain.... then, I'm sure, winter will come back.... what a mess.
              Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• been below zero for a while here, it's going to be above freezing over the weekend, then RAIN, then below freezing and snow later, THAT should be interesting. hopefully all the salt they've put down will start to work (not that I want the rust but it does work to melt ice)
                There's always something new to learn.

Comment

• The salt is so thick on the roads here that when they dry out, you need fog lamps to see through the salt-dust storms traffic creates. Worse than usual this year.........
                  Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                  HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• The temperature here is in the 50's,and it's supposed to be in the 60's tomorrow! It's rainy and foggy as all get out though.

The warm front that's coming through might even cause a few strong storms here today. It's been a crazy weather week.
                    sigpic

Allen Karber

Arkadelphia,Arkansas

Comment

• Warmed up here, thankfully, but wetter than a baby's all night diaper!
                      Wheelbarrow is half full of water!

Comment

• My car is a salt lick
                        Thom

Comment

• Whether it's cold, or whether it's hot,
                          there will be weather, whether or not!
                          Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                          HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• and we'll weather the weather, whatever the weather, whether we like it or not!!
                            34 and soon to b freezing rain...
                            Patrick & Tammy
                            - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• A lovely 72ish today (not sure of the exact official temp at the airport). It was supposed to rain but not yet - tomorrow probably will but still in the low 70s. I LIKE low 70s! But it won't last.

Dan

Comment

Working...
                              X