Weather

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
    Supposedly...you can predict if the coming winter is going to be hard or mild by the amount of acorns from the oak trees..
    This year we had an ungodly amount all over....
    So far it proving to be true.... But then I got alot of squirrels I never had before and find bread crumbs on the ground below their nests from my neighbors .... "Greener pastures"??

So, lots of acorns = bad winter? I don't have oak trees close by. What can signs can you tell me about sugar maples? Those I have plenty of.
    http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

This was this morning and it's been snowing since.

Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

tempature has dropped 30 degrees since 10 this morning and its 2:30 now
        Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
          Supposedly...you can predict if the coming winter is going to be hard or mild by the amount of acorns from the oak trees..
          This year we had an ungodly amount all over....
          So far it proving to be true.... But then I got alot of squirrels I never had before and find bread crumbs on the ground below their nests from my neighbors .... "Greener pastures"??
          my mom taught me that one.

this is october of 2013. My own predictions use the sun cycle, Just so happen I am exact, as written.(simply a longer repeat in weather cycles - people forget).

this year is a big one.
          Last edited by Barry Donovan; January 5, 2014, 01:39 PM.
          Previously boxer3main
          the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

My yard is dangerous to walk in because of all the acorns that the oaks put off. The squirrels have all they can eat and the ground is still covered. Record number of walnuts too.........
            Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
            HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Here it comes. Sky crap. Gosh I hate sky crap. I hate sky crap unusually bad. Clinically bad, more than anybody should. Not so much when I can look out the window at it, that's fun. But driving in it....nobody here can successfully drive in it, including me. I'm no expert. Folks here wreck on the straightaways trying to drive in it. It's not so much that you wreck yourself, you get wrecked by somebody else.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Radar.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	148.5 KB
ID:	875258
              Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

It's a Balmy 9 degrees here right now and we're going for a overnight low of -18 degrees but then it warms up to -12 degrees for the high tomorrow! I just checked Burbank Weather, it's 78 degrees there right now so that equates to a difference of 96 degrees if you take their present temperature and compare it to our overnight low!

I took this picture driving down our street this afternoon, as long as you drive between the mailboxes you're probably still on the road.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Grumpy; January 5, 2014, 05:18 PM.
                sigpic

Just an Old Drag Racer that still has dreams of going fast!

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post
                  Here it comes. Sky crap. Gosh I hate sky crap. I hate sky crap unusually bad. Clinically bad, more than anybody should. Not so much when I can look out the window at it, that's fun. But driving in it....nobody here can successfully drive in it, including me. I'm no expert. Folks here wreck on the straightaways trying to drive in it. It's not so much that you wreck yourself, you get wrecked by somebody else.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27898[/ATTACH]
                  I thought you should know it will be warmer in Anchorage, AK than in Nashville tomorrow. Enjoy.
                  BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpy View Post
                    It's a Balmy 9 degrees here right now and we're going for a overnight low of -18 degrees but then it warms up to -12 degrees for the high tomorrow! I just checked Burbank Weather, it's 78 degrees there right now so that equates to a difference of 96 degrees if you take their present temperature and compare it to our overnight low!
                    I was supposed to head to Champaign tomorrow.......mother nature changed my plans.
                    One more year of this crap.
                    Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

No snow or ice here,but it will be very,very,very cold here the next two days. Just in time for me to go back to work! I can't wait.
                      I can't get enough clothes on in this weather,and especially when it comes to my feet.
                      sigpic

Allen Karber

Arkadelphia,Arkansas

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
                        I thought you should know it will be warmer in Anchorage, AK than in Nashville tomorrow. Enjoy.
                        Scott, that's great to know, good insight. That'll help Tuesday morning, no doubt. Thanks man.

It's still hard to believe, what's coming. Hard to accept.
                        Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post
                          Scott, that's great to know, good insight. That'll help Tuesday morning, no doubt. Thanks man.

It's still hard to believe, what's coming. Hard to accept.
                          If it makes you feel better, New Orleans will down to 16* tonight. They will be ice skating in the swamp tomorrow. That jet stream headed straight for the Gulf last night bringing the icy air straight from the north pole with it.
                          BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Landed in the blizzard last night, then drove out of it 10 miles south of the airport, stopped for supper and it caught me. Drove out of it again 20 miles south of town. Looks like it made it here during the night, about 3" on and still snowing. I guess winter is here.
                            Speaking of winter....I find it totally amusing that the "poor old broke and in debt to our ears" USA is headed down to Antarctica to save the climate change weenies who went there in the SUMMER to see the ice melting and the penguins drowning.....after the Russians, Aussies and Chinese couldn't save their tired, stupid a**es. What a bunch of morons......on ALL sides.
                            Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                            HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by Karberator View Post
                              No snow or ice here,but it will be very,very,very cold here the next two days. Just in time for me to go back to work! I can't wait.
                              I can't get enough clothes on in this weather,and especially when it comes to my feet.
                              100% WOOL socks.. Double up if you have to.. Screw COTTON!
                              Used to wear 2 pairs in winter with my steel toed boots in the shop..
                              Also, grease your boots with Hubberds or Baileys .. Comes in a small paint can looking thing, warm the grease to paint it on your dry boots.. Waterproof is also windproof, thus warmer.. Tried several coats of the grease.. Makes cheap boots disfigure and swell.. Paint the seams, tongue and bottom where it meets the sole.. Let dry then another coat all over.. Resist temptation to keep painting till it no longer absorbs.. Remember to not wear in your carpeted house/car.. Stains!

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
                                Landed in the blizzard last night, then drove out of it 10 miles south of the airport, stopped for supper and it caught me. Drove out of it again 20 miles south of town. Looks like it made it here during the night, about 3" on and still snowing. I guess winter is here.
                                Speaking of winter....I find it totally amusing that the "poor old broke and in debt to our ears" USA is headed down to Antarctica to save the climate change weenies who went there in the SUMMER to see the ice melting and the penguins drowning.....after the Russians, Aussies and Chinese couldn't save their tired, stupid a**es. What a bunch of morons......on ALL sides.
                                The fact the first ship got iced in was ridiclous! But for the 2nd ship to get iced in, beyond stupid! You are supposed to be AWARE of your surroundings, especially there, and avoid disasters like those..
                                They say the first ship is in no danger... I thought frozen in ships can get crushed, thus sink?
                                The US ship that is going down can go 3 knots into 21 feet of ice and back up and go again..
                                $$$$... Can't afford health care or fix our wounded warriors...
                                Look bad for going, look bad for not going...lose/lose!!

Comment

Working...
                                X