No announcement yet.

Weather

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm so sorry, Stiney. Losing a pet sucks hard. The price we pay for loving is the occasional broken heart but (to quote the Tin Woodsman) I want one anyway.

Dan

Comment

I'm so sorry, Chris - losing a pet really, really sucks.
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Thanks guys....yeah, real hard on boys., they had really bonded and she should have been around at least until they graduated.

I feel like a total heel too - already have filled out forms for adopting a retired Dutch Shepard, or getting one that didn't make it through dog school. Don't want to rush things, but time marches on and the boys really need the presence of a good dog at this stage. Our older dog is more like Nana from PeterPan, and less like Old Yeller or Lassie.

Last game they had invented was them laying on the floor and the dog tugging them in laps around the house with her Christmas tug-toy rope. Got to get back to that normal, house is too quiet.

Last edited by STINEY; January 7, 2014, 11:37 AM.
        Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

damn... sorry Stiney.
          Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Damn! That sucks .. Let him greive then get another.. Might resent the new one iftoo soon..

Build a fire over the spot to bury the pup.. If no snow...

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
              Damn! That sucks .. Let him greive then get another.. Might resent the new one iftoo soon..

Build a fire over the spot to bury the pup.. If no snow...
              Thanks for the idea Bob. I should have thought of that....
              Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

sorry to hear that Stiney. kids take that stuff rough sometimes.

Comment

So do adults, Joe - as I remember all too well and it's been 3 years.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                    So do adults, Joe - as I remember all too well and it's been 3 years.

Dan
                    Before Pepper 2 died, my wife complained that she was always underfoot..
                    After she passed my wife could not go in the back yard or her garden for a solid 2-3 weeks.. I had to work,come home and take care of her garden and flowers... Still cries when I mention that.. Been over 4 or 5 years now...

Comment

• our hearts go out to you and your family Stiney...
                      Patrick & Tammy
                      - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• Originally posted by STINEY View Post
                        Thanks guys....yeah, real hard on boys., they had really bonded and she should have been around at least until they graduated.

I feel like a total heel too - already have filled out forms for adopting a retired Dutch Shepard, or getting one that didn't make it through dog school. Don't want to rush things, but time marches on and the boys really need the presence of a good dog at this stage. Our older dog is more like Nana from PeterPan, and less like Old Yeller or Lassie.

Last game they had invented was them laying on the floor and the dog tugging them in laps around the house with her Christmas tug-toy rope. Got to get back to that normal, house is too quiet.

Sorry for your loss. That is a great pic. They never live long enough,but that really sucks about your dog.

My wife and I love our Corgi. He's our boy. I just pray that he lives a long time,and stays healthy.

It was 9 here this morning,but it got up to over freezing today. It was amazing how good nearly 40 degrees felt.
                        Last edited by Karberator; January 7, 2014, 05:33 PM.
                        sigpic

Allen Karber

Arkadelphia,Arkansas

Comment

• Sorry to hear about the dog, that's horrible for her to die at a young age.

The weather up here, I've been coming in from the garage after putting the car in and right away,check the temp in the garage, head to the laundry room and checked the temp in the wall, ceiling. Got two days off and took my mom shopping i could not stay in and just sit around.

I can't hate the weather.

I'm happy at least all the cars got new batteries,i got a good winter coat,new sweaterhood{Under Armour sweaterhood i bought i was freezing in it when it was in the 40s, got a Carhart}and thermals that are keeping me warm in work IF i get stuck doing a battery install.

Lately, people can't even get the cars up there for the installations cause they wait for the last minute
                          "I live for myself and I answer to nobody."

-Steve McQueen

Comment

• Losing a family pet, especially a dog, is rough on everyone. Hopefully, the you and the kids will be able to get past this.

Today, I woke up to 1-2" of snow on the ground. Weatherman said that morning we had a chance of flurries. Dumbasses didn't look out a window first. Had to drive the Impala to work. The snow control trucks were just getting started. So, I had to be careful, that means drive pretty slow. That also means annoying some people. I stopped to get some cash at the bank. It is in the corner of the mall parking lot. I was the second to drive into the lot. The road in goes all to the door of mall before you can turn and cut across the parking to the street corner to the bank. I turned, gave it too much gas and did an unattended 360*. After breathing a sigh of relief not hitting anything, I started laughing, then I saw the first car in the lot. Local cop. Panic for a second. Either he didn't see me, or didn't care. Don't know.
                            BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

• It got up into the low 30's today and felt like Summer
                              Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

• I was in Providence, RI today. After all the hullabaloo from the media for the past several days warning about the Polar Vortex and the dire possibilities, imagine my surprise to see they don't have any snow at all. A few small piles from earlier storms, but nothing compared to what the midwest got earlier this week. Hype.........
                                Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                                HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Working...
                                X