Detroit area guys, favor to ask

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Detroit area guys, favor to ask

I'm heading out to the Detroit Autorama Thursday March 6 with an empty car trailer in tow. The plan is to stop in Chicago on Sunday on the return run and pick up a Pullmax machine. We always stay at the GM Renaissance Center parking garage so there's no place to leave a trailer there.

Any ideas, or is anyone that has space willing to hold a car trailer for a couple days? This is all tentative at this point, but just trying to line up a plan, and save the $1,000 they want to ship the machine. (it weighs something like 5-6,000 lbs)

We are right off I94 between ann arbor and dearborn and have plenty of space to park a trailer for a few days
    It would be a pleasure to meet you.
    There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by milner351 View Post
      We are right off I94 between ann arbor and dearborn and have plenty of space to park a trailer for a few days
      It would be a pleasure to meet you.
      That would be great, I was wondering how close you were. Will be cool to meet you finally since trying to find someone at the show seems impossible lol.

Comment

John's a super great guy and a heap of fun in person. He's on my A-List (but don't let that make you be afraid of him).
        Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

I trust most people on this board before some I know and interact with on a daily basis. This place always feels like home, has since the start.

Comment

Originally posted by VTJUNK View Post
            I trust most people on this board before some I know and interact with on a daily basis. This place always feels like home, has since the start.
            ^^^^^Ditto. I don't even fit here but somehow I "fit." And seriously, John is a class act. First class.
            Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

I can speak for John, too. And the trailer he sold me is just fine even though I had to get it out of his yard quickly and he didn't have a title.

J/K, of course. He really is a great guy.

Dan

Comment

Ditto on John...........hope it works out for ya
                Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

I can vouch for Andy, hes a good guy. Andy if you ever need anything from my area or something I can help you with dont hesitate to ask.

Comment

Originally posted by antmnte View Post
                    I can vouch for Andy, hes a good guy. Andy if you ever need anything from my area or something I can help you with dont hesitate to ask.
                    Thanks Anthony. I've always enjoyed the times I've spent with any guys from this forum. That and the fact that somebody is willing to step up and help a brother out just goes to show why this place is the greatest.

John, I will PM you when the time gets closer and I know for sure we're going to get the machine on this trip. The only thing I see changing so far is that we may go to Chicago first, then Detroit.

Comment

Andy - we've got almost 2 acres here - some low spots, but plenty of places a trailer can sit for a while - no worries! There's even a turn around - if you're truck and trailer is shorter than mine that is...
                      Careful though - I may attempt to swindle you into helping with one of the projects around here!

Comment

Originally posted by milner351 View Post
                        Andy - we've got almost 2 acres here - some low spots, but plenty of places a trailer can sit for a while - no worries! There's even a turn around - if you're truck and trailer is shorter than mine that is...
                        Careful though - I may attempt to swindle you into helping with one of the projects around here!
                        Well you never know, I get bored in the evening after the show lol.

Comment

Just don't let John sell you a boat......
                          Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

aint my fault you have ADD Stiney!!

OK Andy - I'll think about what tools you should bring

Comment

Originally posted by STINEY View Post
                              Just don't let John sell you a boat......
                              No worries there, I know better lol. I grew up on Lake Ontario, I've had my fill of boats. Theyre fun, as long as I don't own em

Comment

Working...
                              X