Street Outlaws vs Drag Week Guy's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Street Outlaws vs Drag Week Guy's

Any body see the show last night where Jeff Luntz and some other Drag Week guy's took on the Street Outlaws from Okla City. All the Drag week guy's got their ass handed to them, including Lutz by these Outlaw guy's. I was really surprised by that. I also wonder way none of the Street guys show up for Drag week. If you haven't seem the show it's on Discovery Channel.
    Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
    The older I get The Faster I was!

Probably because they usually trailer to where they want to race rather than drive them, and because its quite different on a track compared to a bit of unprepped concrete. Its not about most power when you aren't at a track, its about using it better.

Didn't the murder nova show a few years back and break?

Comment

Scripted made for tv pleasure.
      More drama than Housewives Of Atlanta.
      Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

I watched it just to see what would happen. I liked the part where the guy that sets up the races says the DragWeek guys with their "street cars" run on the track, and the outlaw guys run their street cars on the street.

He left out the part about the street guys trailer their street cars to the street lol

Comment

Larry L would have open trailered in Matusak's Mustang with a some REALLY bright flashlights duct taped all over it and smoked 'em all.
          My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

WTF does lawnmower racing have to do with the street racing???
            Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

Filler drama
              Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

trailering a car sure takes away from the "street car" aspect. thats for sure.
                seems like the only real street car on that show is farm truck?

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dave View Post
                  Any body see the show last night where Jeff Luntz and some other Drag Week guy's took on the Street Outlaws from Okla City. All the Drag week guy's got their ass handed to them, including Lutz by these Outlaw guy's. I was really surprised by that. I also wonder way none of the Street guys show up for Drag week. If you haven't seem the show it's on Discovery Channel.
                  Surprised??, this is what I've been saying all along, just because you show up to an event and win doesn't mean you have a fast car, it just means no real competition showed up to beat you. Truth be told, there are way faster cars out there than what we see at DragWeek, just for most of these guys, they can't afford to take a week off to prove it. And it's nice to see them shed some light on reality and let everyone see that the DragWeek guys really aren't all that. Looks like Steet Outlaws just burst their bubble.
                  The Green Machine.
                  http://s1.postimg.org/40t9i583j/mytruck.jpg

Comment

^^^ Really?

Let the debate begin.

What if Lutz and the others had some more time to tune their launches for the street?

What if the OK City guys are really faster - could their cars survive the street miles of dragweek (many of the "street cars" were trailered)

Just because a car has headlights and tailights doesn't make it a street car - zoomies - on a street car with no baffles? yea right.
                    There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by BigAL View Post
                      Surprised??, this is what I've been saying all along, just because you show up to an event and win doesn't mean you have a fast car, it just means no real competition showed up to beat you. Truth be told, there are way faster cars out there than what we see at DragWeek, just for most of these guys, they can't afford to take a week off to prove it. And it's nice to see them shed some light on reality and let everyone see that the DragWeek guys really aren't all that. Looks like Steet Outlaws just burst their bubble.

Once again, lack of experience speaks loud and proud.

There are quicker cars with plates and lights, but not that can make a 1500 mile journey. The average ProLine engine (like what's in the "Murder Nova") is good for no more than 30-40 passes in the quarter mile before a refresh is required. How far do you think that would go down the street? Nevermind because you're the guy who thinks the same car can go 8.50s in the quarter and 200mph in the standing mile without even changing tires. Everyone else here gets it though

:LOL:
                      www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek View Post
                        Once again, lack of experience speaks loud and proud.

There are quicker cars with plates and lights, but not that can make a 1500 mile journey. The average ProLine engine (like what's in the "Murder Nova") is good for no more than 30-40 passes in the quarter mile before a refresh is required. How far do you think that would go down the street? Nevermind because you're the guy who thinks the same car can go 8.50s in the quarter and 200mph in the standing mile without even changing tires. Everyone else here gets it though

:LOL:
                        320,000,000 people in the United States and you think a couple of hundred guys that can take a week off work have the fastest cars in the country? Please crawl out from under that rock your living under.
                        The Green Machine.

Comment

and it's pretty interesting that the "LEGEND OF DRAG WEEK" Jeff Lutz never won a class, and neither did any of the other guys. Who OK'd them being "Drag Week Representatives" ? Notice you don't see any of the fast-in-class guys on there? strange.
                          www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Originally posted by BigAL View Post
                            320,000,000 people in the United States and you think a couple of hundred guys that can take a week off work have the fastest cars in the country? Please crawl out from under that rock your living under.
                            are you for real mentally handicapped or do you pretend so well?

The "fastest cars in the country" aren't drag racing cars, for one. The "quickest" cars in the country are dedicated race cars. The "quickest street legal cars" are race cars with plates, lights, insurance - not hard to do. The "quickest cars that can make serious road trips" are found on drag week. It's really simple, I figured even you could understand it but I clearly underestimated your cognitive powers.

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek View Post
                              and it's pretty interesting that the "LEGEND OF DRAG WEEK" Jeff Lutz never won a class, and neither did any of the other guys. Who OK'd them being "Drag Week Representatives" ? Notice you don't see any of the fast-in-class guys on there? strange.
                              I'm sure they got whoever could take the time off work to be on the show. Just remember this old drag racing saying, "there will always be somebody faster".
                              The Green Machine.

Comment

Working...
                              X